swampguinnie

Can anybody identify this IP camera please?

Mobotix D12 3MP, dual lens camera. Can be configured for color day and B/W night or 2 color lenses with focal lenghts of 4, 8 or 25mm. Also has a PIR sensor and two way audio.

Excellent camera

Correction to the previous post. It's an M12. Sorry. Just finished some quotes on some D12's and D24's.

Thanks to the wire guys, harrar & tom Thats very helpful of you all. I will hopefully buy this camera next week.

It will come with no instructions and no warranty Anybody know if it is compatible with avermedia?

I am going to use it indoor possibly.

Regards

Marcel.

Why do you want to use this camera? Do you know anything about Mobotix? It is a great product but I recommend you play around with it before you install it because Mobotix cameras can do more then any other cameras on the market.

All of the instructions on use can be found on the mobotix website so you should be set there. One thing that is a must if you are buying it used, is that you know the admin password and IP address of the camera. If you don't know the login, things will be a lot harder to setup.

Also if you want to use the camera for audio, you want to check to make sure the audio circuits are not "burned" out. All mobotix cameras have the option to permanently disable the audio for compliance with certain local laws. Once this has been done, it cannot be undone.

Thanks to the wire guys, harrar & tom Thats very helpful of you all. I will hopefully buy this camera next week.

It will come with no instructions and no warranty Anybody know if it is compatible with avermedia?

Regards

Marcel.

Regards

Marcel.

Hi Marcel.

yes this is good for avermedia also the q24. a few things to look at before you buy a secondhand mobotix. you need the passwords. also all the original paperwork or you will not get it working and it will need to go back to mobotix. and this has a cost. for a reset. if you need the ip patch for avermedias to run mobotix then please just pm me.

Also if you want to use the camera for audio, you want to check to make sure the audio circuits are not "burned" out. All mobotix cameras have the option to permanently disable the audio for compliance with certain local laws. Once this has been done, it cannot be undone.

Good points by Viopmodo with the exception of the audio circuits being permanently "burned out". This is true of only for the microphone in the camera. You'll still be able to program warning messages or make announcements thru the camera's speaker.

Thanks again guys,

All very helpful & informative information.

I am buying this second hand unit from an internet auction. I will not receive the password or username!!!

The speaker and audio are not major interests to me, but listening would be a benefit in 1% of circumstances.

Any idea on motobix charges anybody??

Marcel.

Thanks again guys,

All very helpful & informative information.

I am buying this second hand unit from an internet auction. I will not receive the password or username!!!

The speaker and audio are not major interests to me, but listening would be a benefit in 1% of circumstances.

Any idea on motobix charges anybody??

Marcel.

yes i have sent one back for reset £150. now for the bad news Do not buy from auction site. the uk has many of these cameras up and down the country and 5 to 10 are stolen each week. and you can not get them working they are locked down to the network they are on. and this will also show up at mobotix.

Tom,

thanks again mate. I will still buy from auctio n though, this company is a trusted company, not ebay or the likes.

Funny how these things get stolen though, its just the ultimate in ironic theft!!!

Marcel.

Tom,

thanks again mate. I will still buy from auctio n though, this company is a trusted company, not ebay or the likes.

Funny how these things get stolen though, its just the ultimate in ironic theft!!!

Marcel.

i think you will be buying an expensive dummy camera. without the ip username / camera id you will not get it to work unless you know the company that installed it. and to have the camera re flashed (can only be done by mobotix) will cost you £350-£400 and with that cost and the auction price you could buy a new one. oh and you will also need the software and licence it would have been on a disk with camera. (free) if this is not with the camera add another £100

I agree that you should look at the new cameras. You will get the warranty (2 years) and the piece of mind of not having to try to get a used camera to work. Its a great camera and works well so there must be a reason they are selling it.

In terms of software, it is free of charge and you can download it directly from mobotix with no license at http://www.mobotix.com:80/eng_GB/content/view/full/1723

Tom,

Marcel.

i think you will be buying an expensive dummy camera. without the ip username / camera id you will not get it to work unless you know the company that installed it. and to have the camera re flashed (can only be done by mobotix) will cost you £350-£400 and with that cost and the auction price you could buy a new one. oh and you will also need the software and licence it would have been on a disk with camera. (free) if this is not with the camera add another £100

You can also just have the camera tell you what it's current IP address is but unless they left the factory user name/password in, as thewireguys said, tough luck.

I agree that you should look at the new cameras. You will get the warranty (2 years) and the piece of mind of not having to try to get a used camera to work. Its a great camera and works well so there must be a reason they are selling it.

In terms of software, it is free of charge and you can download it directly from mobotix with no license at http://www.mobotix.com:80/eng_GB/content/view/full/1723

Tom,

Marcel.

Well well well, you guys might just have saved me a lot of money! If mobotix can't be factory reset, you have saved my neck! I will still call mobotix to ask about a reset but will now bid accordingly.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Marcel.

That is another problem. mobotix in derby uk will not give you any info. you will have to talk with a distributor. and you have had 3 distributors on here give you good advice.

That is another problem. mobotix in derby uk will not give you any info. you will have to talk with a distributor. and you have had 3 distributors on here give you good advice.

Is that right Tom, they will not give an installer any info?

Ilkie

Ilkie

yes thats right. mobotix would like installers to learn about there cameras. you cant buy direct from derby mobotix. and if you intend to use mobotix then i would say go to a training day. mayflex is the main uk outlet for mobotix.

Ilkie

yes thats right. mobotix would like installers to learn about there cameras. you cant buy direct from derby mobotix. and if you intend to use mobotix then i would say go to a training day. mayflex is the main uk outlet for mobotix.

I purchased a couple Mobotix cameras when they first came out in the UK.

I found the design concept was not realy appropriate for our customers needs and have not played with them since, although I keep half an eye on their product development.

I'm not a fan of this type of marketing where access to products is restricted. Dosn't encourage one to engage!

Ilkie

I am in a similar situation. I am assuming that if the Mobotix M12 is straight out of the box and still has the factory ip address, username, and password I should have no problem installing it in my store? In addition does the factory ip address sync with a Mobotix corporate network if I am connected to the world wide web/ internet? Also, if I am not connected to the internet but have a local, closed connection I can still use it if I am running the correct cables? I want to make sure that the valuable surveillance information is not traveling over the internet/ world wide web if I don't have to (basically stored on the SD card or locally to a standalone computer and local, non-WWW/internet network)

Thanks,

Frederick

The mobotix camera does not sync to HQ and as long as you do not setup the camera for public access and setup the routes in your network, the camera should only be visible locally and to whom you give permission to access. Depending on the price you are getting the camera for, I would look at getting the hardware new, with includes support and warranty.

I am in a similar situation. I am assuming that if the Mobotix M12 is straight out of the box and still has the factory ip address, username, and password I should have no problem installing it in my store? In addition does the factory ip address sync with a Mobotix corporate network if I am connected to the world wide web/ internet? Also, if I am not connected to the internet but have a local, closed connection I can still use it if I am running the correct cables? I want to make sure that the valuable surveillance information is not traveling over the internet/ world wide web if I don't have to (basically stored on the SD card or locally to a standalone computer and local, non-WWW/internet network)

Thanks,

Frederick