fisics

Mac and iPhone support for AvTech AVC760z

Hi everyone,

Just found your forum and have just spent 2 hours reading and have learnt so much!

I am looking to setup my first DVR. I don't have any crazy requirements, just would like to record on the hard drive and remotely view over the internet. 4 channels are plenty, I don't have a crazy budget.

I have seen an AvTech AVC760z at a bargain price and wanted to know if it would work with my Mac/iPhone.

I am currently running an iMac with Mac OS X 10.6 and an iPhone 3GS. I didn't really want to start using Wine/Bootcamp/Parallels/VM Fusion.

Can I use Safari or Firefox on the Mac to simply "view" the footage? I could not find much info on AvTech sites.

I have seen Security View E - http://security-view.com/Home.html and also EagleEyes for the iPhone on the App Store which look interesting. Just not sure if it will support the AVC760z.

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

Tommy

While this particular model has not been tested, i believe the AVC760Z is based on the AVC760 which is supported by Security View on the Mac.

The Z series is the older version DVR. This has JPEG and MPEG. This model is coveted for the JPEG as it can send snapshots via email. This model has the old IDE style hard drives, and the costs of those hard drives are going up, and up. Over the internet the video does not look that great. You can set the DVR in to MPEG, but the built in web server transmits in JPEG. This version comes with Video Server E

If you have a need for JPEG integration then this is the model to get.

The newer version DVR is MPEG only. It cannot send snapshots via email. It transmits over the internet in MPEG. This model comes with Video Viewer.

Video Viewer is backwards compatable with Video Server E model DVRs. Video Viewer is actually made for the H.264 model DVRs.

The Eagle Eyes and Security View E are for the newer version Sata HD model.

The MPEG version DVR has been replaced by the H.264 model DVR.

I would suggest getting an H.264 model AVC 791 DVR.

i have this model and it works fine for viewing on video web server and eagle eyes on my iphone. only problem is i dont know how to record and make a file on my mac. can anyone help?

also how do i set up snapshots on email? is that only when on detection mode? i leave my cameras on all the time