squale

Anybody have a demo Geovision GV-800 4 port online?

I want to see what this card looks like over the internet... anybody have a demo?

I have seen the GV-250

the GV-600

but these were only running at like 7.5 FPS

I want to see something that is running at 30 FPS to see if it is much more fluid while viewing over the internet..

depends on your cable account, certain times of the say there may be bottle necks even with a 1.8MB account using Cable, where DSL would not..

DSL is way too expensive down here, and is slower than cable for the basic accounts. But its different in every country and state.

I just took alook at the speed, it isvery fast. However I have businesses here on 512KB Cable connection and they are fine, not as fast as that but you can see everything good. One is a nightclub. This is only the speed for remote viewing anyway, its still recording at the location.

Rory

is there anyway to download the Geovision software and try it out WITHOUT A CARD installed? just to see how the software looks, works, options, etc?

I only see the 6.0 update on their site and don't know if that is the FULL program or just an update?

squale

As a Geovision user, I think you would be quite happy with the card. It will do what you want it to do, if not now - later. Geovision comes out with updates like clockwork. Each version is better than the last.

Although I think something is wrong with version 6, or directx 9, because I am getting random blue screens after installing it.