newtocctv

BUILDING A INTEL I3 WINDOWS 7 GEOVISION ....NEED HELP

HI,

I am trying to build a geovision system unsing this card "GV-1120A" and the specifications of my computer are as follows i saw in the geovision site saying they support 64 bit windows 7 but i am really nervous that the computer that i had ordered will work with it or not..... any kind of guidance and help will be really appreaciated what should i do going forward,,,,,, please help

computer spec:

Processor Intel® Core™ i3 540 Processor (2x 3.06GHz/4MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [sOCKET-1156]

Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module

Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1GB - Single Card

Motherboard MSI P55-SD60 -- Intel P55 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/8-ch HD Audio, Gb LAN, Dual Channel DDR3, S-ATA RAID, USB 2.0, 2 PCI-E MB

Power Supply 550 Watt -- Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive 320 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Data Hard Drive 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 64-Bit

any feed back regarding the system will be deeply appreciated

i have only ordered the computer and waiting for its shipment so if i need to change anything please give ur opinions

thanks guys ...

windows 7 32bit works fine for me...... I bought an HP NV526UT, very fast, works great... just had to turn off hyperthreading in the bios....

I agree with Soundy, unless you require a special feature in Windows 7 then personally I would stick to XP, ofcourse thats if you can find it these days . .. XP prices have gone right up recently.

thank u all for ur response,

i am still waiting for my computer and as mentioned above its gonna be win 7 64 bit so i guess i will be trying to make it work with win 7 if impossible, will let you guys know if i succeed

and regarding hyperthreading i saw in the geovision website

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/Prod_GV1120A.asp

it says "CPU Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz with Hyper-Threading"

so can anybody clarify on it a bit more please

again thank you all for your time and advice

thanks .....

heh, pentium 4, how old is that document.... the HP i bought is the i7, which is quad core, so adding hyperthreading causes the software to see 8 processors.... the geovision software wouldn't display video with hyperthreading on, works fine with it off, zero crashes so far in 6 weeks...

Can you please tell me how to get the latest version ie.geovision 8.3.3 , coz the vendor of the card had send me the version 8.3.2 whch i dont think is gonna work with win7 64bit . And how do i disable the hyperthreading from intel i3 processor

thanks again.....

you have to submit a download request on the geovision site, then they'll send you the links to download.... when you startup the computer, go into the bios, there should be a hyperthreading setting there... you might not have to do that with the i3 processor, I would try it out first.....

Can you please tell me how to get the latest version ie.geovision 8.3.3 , coz the vendor of the card had send me the version 8.3.2 whch i dont think is gonna work with win7 64bit . And how do i disable the hyperthreading from intel i3 processor

thanks again.....

Can you give me the link where to send the request please

and how long do i have to wait for them to rep me back....

Thank you..

I would avoid the P55 chipset right now. We are having many trouble with that. Viewlog does not work correctly.

I currently have an NVR system up and running on Geovisions newest release of v8.3.3.

It's running on an i7 920 (socket 1366) X58 chipset / Win 7 64bit environment.

Everything is operating extremely smooth and fast except for the audio. And its a strange problem!

check out my post on cctv forums here:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20991

I use win 7, 32 bit, and runs fine to.

things to do:

-Bios, powersaving crap off

-Windows powersaving crap off

-Virus scanner, only scan manual.

-Works fine whit 2 GB of memory, really fast!

-No firewall problems, baloon pops up, click yes and it will run.

Problem:

-Poort routing router, bit of a pain in the ass, i have still some iphone connection problems.

P55's are running just fine now. Turns out we had 4 bad hard drives. What are the odds of getting 4 bad ones? I'm sure all the systems were fine except the hard drives.

LoL CocaCola! On the "turning the Crap off" advice!

Todd,

I was wondering if the 4 bad hard drives were Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Giggers?

I had some funky problems even getting them to format with Win 7 (Win 7 couldn't even see the drives! I thought I had bad drives.). To fix the problem I had to use a Windows Vista CD to format the drive then quit the installation after Vista formatted the drives. Then Windows 7 was able to see the drive and complete a good install of the OS.

Really good access/read times! Smokin' fast drives after you smack them around! Even though I have them working I don't trust them. Whats goin' on WD???

Anyways, Geovision has just sent me a patch to support the wonderful audio capabilities of the Vivotek IP7161 (AAC audio codec). I'll fill everybody in once I get it installed Thursday evening 6/3/10.

I've added a private youtube video that anyone can see through this forum only. CLick on that redirect link a couple posts ago and scroll to the bottom if you want to see/hear the audio problem I incurred under the 64-bit Windows 7 Operating System environment.

Mick

The bad drives were seagate 1.5TB drives, 5900 rpm. Microcenter had a boatload of issues with them.

The drives that have been working are WD Blacks. I didn't have any problems formatting them with windows 7. However, I did format them during the install and not after the fact. If you do it after the fact you have to go into disk management and get them recognized before they will work. Not sure if you did that. If you did....then that's pretty odd.

What I'm seeing is the 64mb cache drives are the way to go. I'm not sure that those drives were "bad" but they certainly wouldn't write video fast enough so we kept getting the skips.

The 1TB Caviar Black was giving me that "not recognized" trouble Ubefore/U anything was installed on it.

NoneTheLess, once it was sorted out the performance was absolutely outstanding!

But my customer called with a BSOD a few days ago. It was reporting the new hardware conflict thing. I "fully" powered down the system for a couple minutes and when I brought it up, it came up way slower than it was previously. (Like 45 seconds instead of the characteristic 15 seconds of these i7 systems.)

It would get to the Windows "flag" bootup screen and cute little graphic stars would stutter as the little stars floated around the Windows flag. Then it would Blue Screen Of Death on me.

The message was always that new hardware change thing.

After 5 (I think) "full power downs" The system finally came up and is it's smokin' fast self again.

The reason I did it 5 times is because it began to finish the boot up process and startup further and further. It got to the point (about 2 minutes) when the system would be fully up when things would begin to stutter, (a matter of 1-2 seconds) then BSOD.

After the 5th (maybe 6th) the system became stable and has been running continuously for the past few days.

I DO STAND CORRECTED THOUGH: This bad Caviar Black is actually a 1.5TB not a 1TB as I stated before.

I'm installing a 2TB Seagate Barracuda XT running @ 7200 with 64MB of memory tomorrow because I'm a little leary of WD presently.

I imagine thats why you went to WD from Seagate after your problem.

But I'm seeing a possible coorelation here. Aren't you? Maybe we should stay away from 1.5TB drives entirely.

Mick