Mnorman

NV7.7.0.0039SP2...3/25/10

Anyone have any information of what Avermedia upgraded a couple of days ago with this new 140MB zip file? I really have to fault them for not adding a release note or a manual (that I know of).

Unfortunately, I can't spend the couple hours with our system down to uninstall SP1 to try the SP2 out. I would hope they got some kinks worked out for Ip cameras 3mp and above.

Any info would be appreciated.

Anyone have any information of what Avermedia upgraded a couple of days ago with this new 140MB zip file? I really have to fault them for not adding a release note or a manual (that I know of).

Unfortunately, I can't spend the couple hours with our system down to uninstall SP1 to try the SP2 out. I would hope they got some kinks worked out for Ip cameras 3mp and above.

Any info would be appreciated.

what ip cameras are you using.

Currently I use

IQInvision-

IQeye 753 3MP (set to IQ703 protocol)

IQeye 755 5MP

Arecont-

AV1300m 1MP

AV3100m 3MP

Acti-

ACM3401 1MP

ACM7411 1MP

ACM1231 1MP

1. NV/NX/SA/XR/NXU with 7.1.0.0043 version and above

[New IP Camera Support]

1. Camtron CTNS-101

2. ACTi ACM1231

3. ACTi ACM5601

4. ACTi ACM8211

5. YOKO IP1130W

1. Total resolution of all connected IP camera cannot exceed 42MP in NV/SA 7.5

version and above

2. H.264 IP camera can only work with NV7.7 version or above

3. Please check detail support list for possible special limitation of different camera

models

Thanks Tom, but that is the latest IP camera patch release notes, not anything about 7.7SP2 information. It seems that they had to have made some bigger changes to warrant a release of SP2 and force the users to uninstall and reinstall the base software.

I do have to say that Aver does a good job of telling us what IP cameras they support and what firmware though.

Best regards

Well so I found some time to uninstall and upgrade to the SP2 option from Avermedia.

As I found out last upgrade from 7.3 to 7.7 software, the process I used is as follows:

1. Exit system after making sure to export a config file from the system section.

2. Uninstall DVR software, I use add/remove programs. Note: this only removes the DVR program folder and not the driver folder. I then manually delete the DVR folder on C:\Program Files\DVR

3. Go to device manager and Uninstall the 1 or 2 DVR cards.

4. Restart the computer

5. Cancel out of new hardware wizard found on reboot.

6. Install the new software, in my case NV7.7.0.0039SP2.

7. Login after another restart

8. Go to system and import config file.

My observations:

Avermedia fixed some things that were not functioning properly...

Installed information in the about section:

Software version= 7.7.0.0039

IPcampatch= 5.0.0.0035

1. Snapshot resolution in 7.7SP1 was able to capture up to 5mp 2560x1920 resolution in live view only. An export of snapshot in recorded mode was maxed at 1900x1200. After the upgrade to 7.7SP2 the snapshot ability in live and recorded mode goes up to 5MP 2560x1920. (This may be controlled by whether or not you have transcode or original format checked not sure).

2. Arecont 3100M camera firmware 64327 still does not give video if set to 3100, but if you set the camera to 3130 it works well.

3. Right click and drag zoom boxes worked only on live view in 7.7SP1, but not in recorded view (playback) for 5MP cameras. On the 3MP cameras the zoom would work, but it would zoom into the wrong part of the frame, usually outside the zoom box you made. In 7.7SP2 the zoom works in live and playback as expected.

4. Live view is still choppy, even at 10-15FPS on 3MP and 5MP cameras. The recorded view is less choppy than live, but you can still spot the chop, which seems to increase depending on if the camera is a 3MP or a 5MP, 5 being more choppy than 3.

5. Acti camera ACM1231 reports as the wrong camera model in this patch .0035, which should be corrected if you install the .0057 IPcampatch.

I have not gone through all of the software, but from what I can see there are no new features or buttons that "pop" out at me. After the upgrade I had to block out the motion sensitivity boxes per camera, as the config file did not seem to have that in it, but it did have the saved sensitivity settings on regions 1-3.

The cons I have at this time is the choppy live view and the chop that is also recorded. I do think that Avermedia should have put out a readme or a realease note explaining the upgrades, at least to justify why a person would want to install 7.7SP2 over 7.7SP1.

I will be testing the system a bit more tomorrow and also pulling out one of the DVR cards (6480) to see if the chop has anything to do with the two cards in tandem. It seems that I will be maxing one of the cards at 42MP total on this one system before reaching 16 channels used, so I don't need the second card installed.

Think that is it, sorry for the long post, but I think it may clarify some things, and maybe help a few trolling this forum.

Regards

Thanks for the info. You are right about ,that they need to document the changes in the versions to see if upgrading is of any value to the user