Sign in to follow this  
Scruit

Aver Eh5216+ - Playback is slow, ch16 dead

When I try to play back video I can switch from channel to channel and see the individual full screen shots. Each click of the mouse takes about 3-10 seconds to produce any response, and switching to channel 16 produces a delay of about 30 seconds, then the playback window is blank. I can see there is footage recorded if I look in the 16-way screen, but selecting ch16 directly give me nothing.

Then after trying a few times to see ch16, the DVR rebooted itself.

NOT a good start.

When I try to play back video I can switch from channel to channel and see the individual full screen shots. Each click of the mouse takes about 3-10 seconds to produce any response, and switching to channel 16 produces a delay of about 30 seconds, then the playback window is blank. I can see there is footage recorded if I look in the 16-way screen, but selecting ch16 directly give me nothing.

NOT a good start.

hi scruit.

you need the new update. do you have it ???

NOT a good start.

hi scruit.

you need the new update. do you have it ???

As it happens I just picked up a USB key today from the store so I could bump the firmware from .19 to .21.

I'm going to give that a shot in about an hour.

Put the .21 firmware on. All better now. Playback is much smoother and the controls all respond well.

Of course I made the rookie mistake of forgetting to export the config before I started....