sparkz

CnM Secure 4 Channel H.264 DVR

I have had a Sentient H.264 for about 6 months and cannot get it to work properly. I have 3 cameras attached (2 came with it).

By playback, when it detects movement the screen goes blank for up to a minute at times. Sometimes I have all three screens blank. Are my settings wrong or is it a fault?

Thanks

Sean.

Hi,

sorry for my bad English.

I need help on the DVR busybox:

HiLinux.

jffs2 2.6 red hat 2003

Linux (none) 2.6.14-hi3511v100dmeb-less-release # 1 Tue Jun 916:35:05 CDT 2009 armv5tejl unknown

Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 6144 5772 372 94% /

tmpfs 2048 0 2048 0% /mnt/tmpfs

/dev/mtdblock/3 8520 8520 0 100% /mnt/app

ref. http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20845&start=45 post.

I think I did a stupid things:

I wrote the telnet command:

fdisk / dev / root.

Rebooting / BOOT stops on the word:

"SYSTEM INITIALIZING ......." .

how I can recover?

Help me please!

Just a little note of warning: While the cams themselves are classified for outdoor use, the mounts themselves are rusting and degrading quite quickly, so if you put your cams up outdoors, make sure to get it right as it might be rusted in place later.

CJ

Hi to all,

i have a dvr h.264 4channels with (typeing uname -a)

Linux (none) 2.6.14-hi3511v100dmeb-less-release #23 Sat Aug 1 22:42:43 CST 2009 armv5tejl unknown

I able to config everything and i can watch the streaming from nokia smatphone, internet explorer (until version 8, now with v.9 no login) and other client tool.

I would like to extract the web-server files that are in the directory /MNT/APP to change it.

But to move this files on my pc to develop on it I need to install ftp server on dvr.

I have downloaded on dvr vsftpd tar.gz file and uncompressed it, but now i'm not able to excute vsftpd, someone has done it on this machine?

Hilinux, which type of distro is?

Thank you

New to site....just got one of these CNM box, got it to work remote but cant get it send me a email on motion detection i have changed port to 465 sll on activated my POP3 on emails but still no joy can anyone please help...ha dont think i can try much more. i have a sky router ...segam if it makes any difference.

Hi All,

I have purchase one of these boxes and have the LAN IE access working, but can't login remotely with IE, I get login failed ...

I have set no password set so the box is greyed out and I have port forwarded both the media and web ports on my Sagem f@st 2504 router, anyone got any clues ?

Regards

Mark

Hi all,

Few general questions, can anybody say what the quality of recordings is like?

Any actual images or videos from the cameras anywhere on the net?

How good is the motion detection?

Can the dvr buffer frames before an event is detected so that they are included in the detected event sequence?

Thanks,

Hi all,

Few general questions, can anybody say what the quality of recordings is like?

Any actual images or videos from the cameras anywhere on the net?

How good is the motion detection?

Can the dvr buffer frames before an event is detected so that they are included in the detected event sequence?

Thanks,

hi its a very basic low cost dvr. are you thinking of buying a CNM. i would look at a dahua much better dvr

hi tomcctv,

thanks for the advice, I thought that the quality is mostly down to the cameras.

I have experience with zone minder, but haven't used the dvr systems before.

Is there much difference between 540TVL and 420TVL cameras?

thanks,

To resolve the issue of not being able to access CnM or Sentient DVR's remotley using IE9 please follow the steps below:

• Go to the “tools” menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.
    Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website:” text box and click “Add”.
    Click “Close”.
    Go to the “tools” menu again and click on the “Internet Options” option.
    Click the “Security” tab.
    Click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.
    Click the “Sites” button.
    Untick the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box (if it is ticked).
    Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website to the zone:” text box and click “Add”.
    Click “Close”
    Click “OK”
    Restart your browser.

Everything should work correctly now.

Sorry, I've just been reading through some of the issues people have been having with the CnM Secure and Sentient DVR’s, so hopefully this will help.

Below are detailed instructions for how to setup remote access. But first, in answer to one of the most frequent issues, which seems to be mobile access. The main reason for this not working is that port 100 (the default mobile port) hasn’t been forwarded to the DVR.

• Assign your DVR a static IP Address on your network. This can be configured by accessing the Main Menu, click the Advance Icon and then click the Network Icon.

TYPE needs to be changed to STATIC.

MEDIA PORT can be left at 9000. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to view camera images.

WEB PORT can be left at 80. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to connect to the DVR.

IP ADDRESS needs to be set as a valid IP Address for your network. If you know the local IP Address of your Internet Router (most routers are either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254), then you can use this to help decide on an IP Address. The first three parts of the IP address will be the same as your Router i.e. 192.168.1. and you will have to assign the last number, which must be unique and not already in use i.e. 100 would result in 192.168.1.100.

NETMASK in most instances this should be 255.255.255.0.

GATEWAY must be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DNS in most instances this should also be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DDNS Settings, which only need to be changed if your Internet Router doesn’t have a static IP Address. If this is the case, then set DDNS to ON and enter the SERVICE, HOST NAME, USERNAME and PASSWORD assigned to you when you configured your Dynamic DNS account.

• Change the settings on your Internet Router to allow incoming Internet connections to your DVR.

The settings that need to be configured can differ between different makes and models of Internet Router, but the most common configuration change is to do with the firewall settings.

Log on to your Internet Router and click the Firewall settings menu.

You will need to add an Inbound Service which allows traffic on the ports required to be open which are 80, Mobile Port “100” (unless this has been manually changed) and the Media Port “9000” (unless this has been manually changed).

Save all configuration changes.

If you don’t know how to configure your Internet Router, please contact your Internet Service Provider or the person who configured your Internet Router to get instructions about how to configure it or get this process done for you.

Now your DVR should be fully networked and accessible on your local network and the Internet.

Connecting using an iPhone

First you must install the MEye application from the App Store. Search for the developer of the software by entering “Sun Jian” in the search box.

Find the MEye application and click install.

Run the MEye application and click the settings icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like a Cog.

• Enter a Title by which the connection will be known.

• Enter the static Internet IP Address of your router, or your DyDNS web address in the Address box.

• Enter the Port number which should be the Mobile Port “100”, unless this has been changed.

• Enter the User ID for your DVR, which is usually “admin”.

• Enter the Password for your DVR.

Click the back icon at the top of the screen and connect to your DVR by clicking the Play icon at the bottom of the screen.

You can navigate between camera views by clicking the number of the camera you wish to view.

Just to give my feedback after using this set for about 10 days

1stly i think it's a very good set the money it costs.

I have forwarded all needed ports (80 or any port you might set for web port,9000 and 100)

You might want to change any port of these to one of your choice but don't forget to forward it.

About remote access i have no problem watching the cameras from my smartphone both from my wifi and 3G(samsung galaxy 3 using mEye http://market.android.com/details?id=com.MEye)

I also have no problem to watch the cameras from my browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox using Internet Explorer tab plugin or chrome using internet explorer tab plugin)

PS.Just to let you know the password you set on your dvr using the tv interface wont work when you try to login using the internet inteface.Those passwords are totally different and you must set your inetrnet password from the internet interface!

Hi Guys,

I've had my CnM for a good few months now and only got around to connecting it to my network for viewing downstairs in my office (CCTV Box is upstairs) and I finally managed to get it working with IE9 thanks to the helpful post from CnM a little higher up the thread.

Only problem I now have is that I can't see any video feeds, the 4 screens are there but there's no video playing on them and when I go to playback to view pre recorded stuff there is also no video playback even though it's defintiely playing something as I can see the progress slider at the bottom of the screen moving.

Is this a codec issue or something else as I have K-Lite codec pack installed which should sort most things.

btw I can playback video fine if I'm directly using the box and the Network traffic light on the box is flashing like mad when I try to remotely view/playback anything downstairs.

Ideas?

TIA

EDIT: Tried creating an admin password so I could log in as admin, exactly the same no video.

hey folks, i have a really basic question, i mount the camera at the top of my house, it comes with a 15 metre cable, which runs through the house and into my living room, i have to drill a hole in the outside wall, bring the cable in through the attic, so... how do i get power to the camera?? what i mean is (i don't have the kit yet) do i plug the power supply into the camera?? or into the 15 metre cable that comes with it??

hey folks, i have a really basic question, i mount the camera at the top of my house, it comes with a 15 metre cable, which runs through the house and into my living room, i have to drill a hole in the outside wall, bring the cable in through the attic, so... how do i get power to the camera?? what i mean is (i don't have the kit yet) do i plug the power supply into the camera?? or into the 15 metre cable that comes with it??

There is power through the cable, i.e. the power comes from the main unit through the 15m cable.

Cheers!

CJ

thanks for that dude, i got the stuff today, pretty pleased with how the cables etc work just having an agonizing day/night trying to set it up remotely, admittedly, i've not read the last few post which seem fairly comprihensive spent all day pissing about, and managed to now get it on my local network, head is faaaar too full of info/conflicting info(due to this thread) to even try to figure out how to get it on i.e (if possible, chrome), so i'll try tomorrow

god, right, i can access this locally now, but no idea how to do it vie the internet, i've read so much on here that i don't even know where to start now

EDIT: i have also done everything in the CnM post above other than set up a dyndns account, is this needed?? all i want to do is be able to type in my IP address at friends houses or where ever so i can check on my house

EDIT: i have also done everything in the CnM post above other than set up a dyndns account, is this needed?? all i want to do is be able to type in my IP address at friends houses or where ever so i can check on my house

I haven't done this myself, but as for the dyndns, it depends on whether you have a fixed IP address with you ISP or not. If you do, no need for it.

I hope you get it solved soon.

Cheers!

CJ

i haven't got a static IP, although, i was under the impression, that the IP only changed when you reset the router, or had a power cut or something, and 9 times out of 10, it stays the same anyway??

i haven't got a static IP, although, i was under the impression, that the IP only changed when you reset the router, or had a power cut or something, and 9 times out of 10, it stays the same anyway??

I am no expert but my ISP change it from time to time, sometimes every day. I suspect that you would have to keep an eye on it for a time and see... maybe yours is more 'sticky' than mine.

Cheers!

CJ

Help! Got the system today and immediately got stuck. I've plugged the 4 cameras into the 'Video in' ports. I then plugged in the other lead from each camera to the power splitter cable. This leaves 2 cables on the splitter left over - do I plug them in to eachother? I've tried this but can't see the pictures on my monitor - each screen says 'video loss'. I've connected the DVR to a PC monitor using a VGA lead - is this right and, if so, why can't I see the videos? Lastly, there's a strange lead that has a metal circle on the end - I'm not sure what to do with it! The instruction manual clearly wasn't designed for CCTV beginners like me - please help before I feel the temptation to launch the whole kit out the window

Help! Got the system today and immediately got stuck. I've plugged the 4 cameras into the 'Video in' ports. I then plugged in the other lead from each camera to the power splitter cable. This leaves 2 cables on the splitter left over - do I plug them in to eachother? I've tried this but can't see the pictures on my monitor - each screen says 'video loss'. I've connected the DVR to a PC monitor using a VGA lead - is this right and, if so, why can't I see the videos? Lastly, there's a strange lead that has a metal circle on the end - I'm not sure what to do with it! The instruction manual clearly wasn't designed for CCTV beginners like me - please help before I feel the temptation to launch the whole kit out the window

Do NOT plug the two left over leads from the splitter together, they are only there in case you add further cameras in future, you have probably shorted out the power adaptor, which is why you are getting Video Loss message...

I am struggling to gain access over Internet, I have forwarded ports etc and when I go to the URL it asks for Username and Password, I have set a custom password, so what is the default, I have tried everything but it just says Login Timeout?!?

Ok - all set up now. Can see camera's on monitor and can view remotely from work using IE. Can also view on my android phone using meye - but only when it's using our wireless router at home. When I try to access it on meye out of range it says 'connect to server successfully' then flips to 'no reponse!' Help!