sparkz

CnM Secure 4 Channel H.264 DVR

Hi, I've just got this cctv system but am completely lost with the remote access/port forwarding. I am trying to set up port forwarding from my netgear router N150 or WNR1000. Does anyone know how? I've tried opening the netgear router and adding port forward but it is not working. I am not sure if I putting the right options like TCP or if it should be TCP/UDP, or both. Also do I need the TCP port and the HTTP port to be entered? All help greatly appreciated. Thanks

not sure if I putting the right options like TCP

you are on the right track. when you have done that then you need to go into firwall rules tick the service you had just created and click allow ... remember to press accept at the bottom of the page then log out.

All,

I finally managed to find a way to grab the H.264 streams from these DVRs for later conversion with ffmpeg for monitoring within Zoneminder etc. I wanted to do this so I could record remotely and capture jogs for snapshots.

Daniel (Phoenix84 on Zoneminder forum) has done a great job with a C program that logs in and grabs the stream(s) with credit also to Robert Chou who allowed Daniel to reverse engineer the protocol in his Android app - IP Cam Viewer.

Take a look here:

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72761&sid=8427236ea997782c26af725c6b017bd0#p72761

Example (-m 6 indicates Cnm device, -c is channel number)

/opt/camera/zmodopipe -s mycamera.gotdns.com -p 9000 -m 6 -c 1 -c 2 -c 3 -c 4 -u admin -a mypass

This creates 4 pipes in /tmp - called zmodo0,1,2,3 and from there you can use

ffmpeg -i /tmp/zmodo0 capture1.mp4 to capture from the stream

or

ffmpeg -i /tmp/zmodo0 -f image2 -c:v mjpeg -ss 1 capture1.jpg

ffmpeg takes a while before it gets to work but its worth the wait!

Hope this helps someone and thanks again to Daniel for his speedy and reliable coding!

Best regards

Ian

happy.gif

Supercircuits 4 channel DVRs allow you to record up to four video security cameras at once. A 4 channel DVR is perfect for monitoring you small business or home. Our digital video recorders come with various options to easily offload your video evidence, including USB, CD-RW, DVD burner, and via a network. Many of our offerings are networkable, allowing simple access to your video security system remotely, via the internet.

Another newbie with a query. Hi!

I have this kit set up with a monitor attached directly to the DVR, and it does what it is supposed to in terms of monitoring and recording. My problem is when I try to look at the video on my desktop computer. Both DVR and desktop are hard wired to my Netgear router, I have allocated a local static IP address to the DVR, and ports 80, 100, and 9000 have all been forwarded. I guess my computer can see the DVR on the network because it reports it as an attached device, and when I first put its IP address into IE9 on the computer it downloaded the little interface programme, and now whenever I do so, it throws up the blue interface screen asking me to choose LAN or Internet, and to input a password. At this stage I choose LAN (the DynDNS fun is to come later) but once I put in a password, I get a Login Failed message. This occurs whether I use the default Admin pw 020818 (which I have not yet changed), the default user pw 000000, or the actual user pw that I have set up on the DVR in place of 000000.

Can anyone suggest, please, how I get past the password screen on the computer, so as to access the DVR output? Thoughts/clues would be appreciated.

I'm answering my own question, in case it is helpful to anyone else on here.

At the same time as I posted on this forum, I sent an email to CnM Secure with the same query. They replied very promptly, directing me to the changes they recommended on their site to work with IE9 (which I am using). I had in fact already made the 'Trusted Site' security changes, but I had not changed the options to show all sites in Compatibility Mode. This was because I could not find the item by clicking the Tools cog at the top right of the IE page; that produced a different pull down menu without the item.

Investigation showed me however what I expect many of you already know: the key press Alt T brings up a longer IE Tools menu which includes Compatibility Mode. Following CnM's instructions I ticked the appropriate box, and, lo and behold, the interface screen accepted the password and duly displayed my cameras' pictures on the computer screen.

Now for DYNDns and All That...

Hi, hope im in the right place as this is my first post. I have recently purchased and installed a H.264 4 channel with 1 camera. All was fine however after 1 day it does not seem to record movement detector activity. Looking at todays recording all it has is 'All record' at 1 hr increments 1am, 2am,3am, etc. I have tried default but to no avail. The first day everything was fine, recorded all movement detection, then after 2.25pm no more MD recordings. Im sure I am missing something obvious here, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hello all, i have a different type of issue with kguard cams. they work great in daylight and i can remote view them. however when it gets dark all i see is a grey/white image. 1 of the 4 cams supplied originally had great night vision, but now all have failed. i see on 2 of them that i can see all the ir led's glowing red at night, which i was led to believe was not going to be so, as i had wanted the cams to be invisible at night( 26 glowing red lights at night is not very secret). anyone got any ideas what the issue might be. ps there are no lights/windows/glass to interfere with the cameras.

thanks

seamus

Just purchased one of these units and still trying to figure it out. I previously had a security system of cam software running through a pc.

Is it possible for the Cnm unit to make live recordings and also run motion detection on one of the cameras? the idea is to make it easier to detect if there is an intrusion.

My old system with a pc sent jpg images to a server if the motion detection was activated, is this possible with the Cnm unit?

anyone to help please?

all set up but still cannot figure out if this unit can save triggered images to a server or even on to the hard drive?

Instruction book and cnm support are not much help.

When motion detection is enabled on a particular channel and when triggered it appears that it will only save a video file to an email address and because motion detection option is enabled there will be no live recordings on that channel, is this correct?

Hi guys, could really do with some help, all 4 cameras are set up and working on tv, was quite surprised at how easy they were to install.

Now for the bit I'm stuck with, how do I view the cameras online, please help!!

hi there, i am wondering if you can help me with the following questions:

1 is it possible to connect the cnm secure 4ch dvr up to a mobile internet pay as you go connection?

2 can you please talk me through how i may be able to connect the cmn secure 4ch dvr up so that it is a wireless point (similarly to how xbox 360s can be fitted with a wireless adapter) that can access wireless internet either on a mobile broadband or cable internet connection via a wireless router?

would there be any port forwarding issues with a mobile internet service, because i do know that they like to block ports?

many thanks

i was wondering if any one can help me! i recently fitted the CNM H.264 system and need to know if it is possible to view the cameras on an IMAC so far i have had no luck!

Good evening friend apologizes annoyance, after many days searching on this DVR got his information and told him that's not the only one ... we are the only two people in buying this team and I'm further away (Venezuela), I comment suffered a robbery and part of what they took was the famous DVR box and lost the CD and I need to make another pc intalacion .... Chinese team and nobody is. anyone anywhere has the drivers for this device if you please provide me with that information in that no where else to look ..... I comment in my country was not anything my email is marcorinconv@hotmail.com economic

Greetings from Venezuela

Hi, new here and I just bought the Primus 4 channel off Ebay. Got it running with 2 x 700tvl and 2 x 420 tvl. Picture is good but I'm having a nightmare trying to set up motion detection. the interface on my machine is similar to but not the same as the one in the downloaded instructions, and some of the wording is impossible to understand. I would appreciate some help setting up motion detection initially before I venture into networking it.

regards Mick

Hi Mick,

Just got one of these myself, and here is my take on it. I have had reasonable success, I would say I have it now working to a good condition, with some minor bugs etc that I would like to see resolved.

My initial configuration I was trying to do via the web menu, but found doing it through the local menu with mouse was more reliable, and provided better results.

I have MD working, again, configured through the local menu as opposed to the web menu.

Make sure that you set up MD record schedule correctly, for all your cameras, thats what I forgot to do a few times.

When I set up through the web menu, I did definately find it did not work all of the time.

i cannot get the snapshot viewer to work, and cannot get it to send snapshots via email, which is a bit annoying, am waiting for cnm support to get back to me, it is taking a while

A few other things I noticed.

The picture quality on the bundled 420l cameras is pretty poor, almost to the point that I might replace them. I bought another 420l camera in maplin and that is way better. I found the cnm ones have a lot of criss/cross lines running accross the screen.

The config software is not great, very confusing, and the manual does not reflect a lot of the options, and does not explain very well what can be done. Its a matter of trial and error I found to get most things working.

Some basic features are missing, for example a bit more customising of the alarm email menu, such as allowing you to change/customise text based on different alarm types (for example flagging/naming the 4 alarm inputs to give them a relevent name as oppossed to a generic "input 1 alarm" description.

The fan is noisy, you def want to locate this away from people, mine is in the attic.

For anyone else interested, I also found an app that works very nicely on android for this DVR, the app is IPCAMVIEWER PRO. When configuring it you select a compatible DVR, which is the "vonnic dksy0804d"

Hope this helps, you may have had success before now though.

After hours of "fun" I have managed to get mine up on my home network, port forwarding working on my Sky router and am able to view on my android phone ( thanks to wexfordman for the tip on setting for IP Cam Viewer). That's the good news.

I was expecting that if I set it to be triggered by motion detection it would start to record and send an email to my account. Is this not how it should work?

No mater what I do I can not get this part to work as I expected and turning on motion detection seems to set it record all the time?

Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.

Archer

Hey archer

There are the obvious things to check like your schedule is set up correctly, the sensitivity of nd setting and the area selectd.

Also, have you checked that it is detecting and recording motion before worrying a out the email aspect?

I had difficulty with this also, and I think in the end found that configuring it via the local mouse input rather than via web have NE more reliable results.

I found at tines that the web menu did bit directly reflect the local menu and was confusing to say the least. Been Teri g ringer some support from.cnm on this and not really getting anywhere.

I would be very reluctant to purchase this kit again based on cnm lack of support alone.

i

Please could someone inform me if the power switch on the Cnm H264 front panel left hand side works like a normal power switch? The switch appears not to do anything (unit is permanently on).

I have the unit setup up for password protection, could this be cause of the problem?

Please could someone inform me if the power switch on the Cnm H264 front panel left hand side works like a normal power switch? The switch appears not to do anything (unit is permanently on).

I have the unit setup up for password protection, could this be cause of the problem?

I haven't used the unit for years, but as far as i remember, you have to hold it for a few seconds to switch off.

Cheers!

CJ

Feckin cnm, dont touch em with a barge pole, absolutely useless support! Have mine a couple of weeks, cannot get them to help with problems, saving up for a proper dvr now!

Avoid avoid avoid!

For sale, crappy 8 chan dvr made by cnm!!!

I haven't used the unit for years, but as far as i remember, you have to hold it for a few seconds to switch off.

Cheers!

CJ

Tried the holding down and it makes no difference. Anyone have one of these units in operation?

Agree that Cnm support is dreadful they have even now disabled their customer support email support.

How on earth do you backup to usb? All appears to be going well until i click backup, then i get the message No USB thumb drive. My laptop can see it, and the DVR even appears to format it, but i get this message each time i try to do a backup.