Anyone play with this one yet? http://us.sanyo.com/High-Definition/Full-HD-1080p-Vandal-Dome-Camera-VDC-HD3300

Specs look like Acti price with Arecont image? Too good to be true?

It has the same Xacti engine as VCC-HD2100/2300/2500. I did a job for customer last week with few 2300 models. Day time - very very good(with Fujinon megapixel lens), at low light - crap. Also, at 4mpix it gives just few fps. I set them to 2.1 to get 8fps. Overall its a good deal for that money.

Anyone play with this one yet? http://us.sanyo.com/High-Definition/Full-HD-1080p-Vandal-Dome-Camera-VDC-HD3300

It has the same Xacti engine as VCC-HD2100/2300/2500. I did a job for customer last week with few 2300 models. Day time - very very good(with Fujinon megapixel lens), at low light - crap. Also, at 4mpix it gives just few fps. I set them to 2.1 to get 8fps. Overall its a good deal for that money.

Hi. bpzle. i have used 6 of the hd 3300 and 2 of the hd 3500. and it is nothing like the hd 2100 cameras. the night (d/n) is the best you will see. what helps D/N is the auto focus. and also on the avermedias you have full control (with 7.7 software) H.264.

Robert. you have a settings problem if you are only getting 8fps on 2.1

With latest firmware, nop FPS limit. But, "rhetorical" question? Where you plan to use max FPS images at full resolution and JPEG compression?

Tom,

What NVR software did you use?

Doesn't look like Aver supports it... http://www.avermedia-usa.com/surveillance/download/EHseries/EH_EXR%20IP%20Camera%20Support%20List.pdf

Hi. you can use the same settings as the HD4000p. i will set-up a system on wednesday so as you can login and have a play.

Dunno how I missed this thread back in April... Tom, do you still have a demo online that one could take a look at? Hearing great things about these cameras and trying to get the boss to invest in one to try for one of our pickier customers (upscale lounge/dining restaurant that always operates with dim lighting).

I remember that... seems to me I tried it a couple times and the connection was so slow I couldn't get anything useful.

Mighta been a temporary problem at the time, I just recall it was too slow to really tell anything. Wanna shoot me the link again, and I'll give it another shot?

With latest firmware, nop FPS limit. But, "rhetorical" question? Where you plan to use max FPS images at full resolution and JPEG compression?

Can you tell me further about latest firmware, I've looked through revision notes but didn't find anything about this

There is not limit for fps in 4megapixel JPEG mode or they have added higher resolutions at H264?

It is important to us to know because we need some 3mpx/5fps 0,1 lux reasonably priced outdoor cameras and Sanyo could be fine...

In the middle of the week we'll receive some HD4600 but have to give all of them away to the customer so won't be able to test

Can you tell me further about latest firmware, I've looked through revision notes but didn't find anything about this

There is not limit for fps in 4megapixel JPEG mode or they have added higher resolutions at H264?

It is important to us to know because we need some 3mpx/5fps 0,1 lux reasonably priced outdoor cameras and Sanyo could be fine...

In the middle of the week we'll receive some HD4600 but have to give all of them away to the customer so won't be able to test

Actually, i'm not find that release note, but Sanyo ads "no limit" to JPEG mode.

Higher resolution on H264 not available....

I can test HD4600 at monday, regarding 3mpx/5fps... But, in real situation, i prefer and use 1920x1080 at 5fps H264 for recordings....

Agreed... my problem was decoding h.264. Needs big bad pc, if client/server on one machine..... depending on ch and other variables obviously...

We settled on 2mp, 5fps, mjpeg I believe... gave us what we needed. Compromised, but customer was happy. all that matters...

Server only setup I would imagine to be different story?

Agreed... my problem was decoding h.264. Needs big bad pc, if client/server on one machine..... depending on ch and other variables obviously...

We settled on 2mp, 5fps, mjpeg I believe... gave us what we needed. Compromised, but customer was happy. all that matters...

Server only setup I would imagine to be different story?

Try soft, with two different streams for Live and Recording, like this:

www.digifort.com