redisol

Please wait HDD scanning - Avtech 760

I get this please wait- HDD scanning" error whenever I try to access my DVR. Does this mean my HD is broken or my DVR is malfunctioning? I tried installing the HD on my PC and was able to reformat the drive and I managed to read and write some test files. I tried testing the drive using Seagate's SeaTools and the drive passed the test BUT whenever I restart my PC the BIOS SMART utility tells me the drive has problem. I'm going have the drive RMA'ed if it's really the cause of the problem but how can I confirm this? I have no extra HD to test the DVR.

If you have formatted the hard drive then it has to be unformatted in order to go back in the DVR.

This might be the problem.

There may have been some sector issues that were resolved during the format process on the PC.

The DVR wants a hard drive fresh out of the package.

I would test the DVR with another hard drive to verify that you do not have a hard drive "controller" issue.

Perhaps there is AC leakage in the power supply that is causing issues?

Perhaps you can use HD tune to check for sector issues?

Thanks. I was finally able to confirm that the HDD was indeed broken by using the DOS version of Seatools. I had it RMA'ed and is now on it's way back to Seagate.

Now my concern is since Seagate will be sending me a refurbished replacement HDD, I suppose it will come back in formatted state? How do I unformat it so the DVR will be able to read it?

I just got my replacement HDD (IDE) but I'm still running into some problems. Whenever I plug in my HDD I get the ff:

Master: ok -> Fixing HDD -> ok

Slave: NA

Detecting Slave 2 HDD Ok

then it cycles back to:

Master: ok

Slave:NA

Detecting Slave 2 HDD: NEASE Format

Master: Ok

Slave: NA

Detecting Slave 2 HDD: NA

HDD error

Beeps and goes back to self test

I tried setting my HDD as master and slave but still the same. Does it have something to do with the HD formatting or is the DVR busted? The completes the boot-up procedure if no HD is installed.

hi my name is ionita costin.i am from romania.i have two dvr avtech 760M and i have some problems with them...here in romania no one can solve my problem...so i hope u can help me!

one dvr when is start's and get's to hdd searching repet this procedure over and over again until block then make a noise after that it stop and or is restarting by himselv or i need to...when it is searching HDD dvr find's him

THIS IS THE PROCEDURE

"System init 1..."

"OK"

"DETECTING MASTER 1 HDD OK

DETECTING SLAVE 1 HDD NA

DETECTING DISK ARRAY NA

DETECTING SLAVE 2 HDD NA"

this part repet about times then make a noise and reset.

or if it start, then after 1-2 minutes apear a message "please wait disk scanning" and then make a noise and reset.

If i remove the hdd it's start.

I replace 4 HDD from 4 different companys, capacity and expenditure of (electric) current the results seems that work for few minutes with that who have small expenditure of (electric) current. i replace source of dvr with one more stronger but nothing change.

i replace source inside of dvr with another one and nothing....i don;t have condenser with problem ...so I'M OUT OF MY possibilityS!!!!

The owner call me 3 times a day and i don't now what to say....I bought this dvr about now a year and a half...and i don't have Warranty

another dvr same type>>> network settings disapear from MENU ...it is 760M with ethernet and i work with that on internet see image's but until dissapear from menu....

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH AND I HOPE I CAN UNDERSTAND MY ISSUE!!!!

A GOOD DAY!!!!

i have the same problem...do u resolve???