pacsol

Upgraded from 7.3 to 7.7 SP2

New to the board, so hope this is the right place. I have several customers that use the NV5000. I had them all running 7.3, but decided to upgrade to 7.7SP2. After upgrading my first client's PC to run 7.7 the webview function only displays one camera at a time, with no other icons on the sceen. After installing the the active x control it starts to download the other software, then I get two errors

1. Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\remoteAP\install_language2009713.exe.

2. Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\remoteAP\webcam\bmp\bmp_20080423.exe

Has anyone else run into this issue?

New to the board, so hope this is the right place. I have several customers that use the NV5000. I had them all running 7.3, but decided to upgrade to 7.7SP2. After upgrading my first client's PC to run 7.7 the webview function only displays one camera at a time, with no other icons on the sceen. After installing the the active x control it starts to download the other software, then I get two errors

1. Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\remoteAP\install_language2009713.exe.

2. Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\remoteAP\webcam\bmp\bmp_20080423.exe

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Had exactly the same problem on Win 7

to fix

make sure you are full admin on computer

and reinstall Active X

This is a common issue with 7.7 since AVer has updated the web files. I was not able to get anything on this issue from the tech I talk with from AVerMedia however, I called CCTVMegaStore since I buy all of my products from them and they told me to download a file from there site http://www.AVerMedia-DVR.com - Support - CCTVMegaStore Product Downloads - Surveillance / Security Products section and the file is OCX Remove which is on the middle of the page. Make sure IE is closed and run that file on each computer that has connected to or logged on to any previous verson of AVerMedia DVR (7.5 or lower).

This will take care of the issue.

Well, tried the suggestions. Uninstalled the Active X manually, reinstalled. I have admin rights on all systems I have tried this on. I downloaded and ran the file NV_ocx_uninstall.exe (which essentially just uninstalls the Active X. I have also run NV_ocx_uninstall.exe, then manually removed the C:\Program Files\remoteAP folder and all registry entries related to any avermedia product and restarted. All of this failed to fix the issue on three pc's running windows xp sp3. I have however had no issues getting it to work on a Windows 7 32 bit pc. This is all from the same network, so the fact that it works on the windows 7 pc disproves any router issues.

I have found a work around for my own amusment. I manually extracted the files from the install files mentioned in the error into a folder on my desktop. I then tried to connect to the camera after removing the active x and remoteAP folder. After I get the failed to find message, I log into the camera and get my single camera view with no buttons then close out IE. Then I copied the files from the folder on the desktop to the folders mentioned in the error. I then restarted the pc and connected to the camera again, and voila, there are all the missing buttons. Alas, I cannot have this be the answer for my clients as it is unacceptable. I have also found that Avermedia support is not very helpful. Oh well, hope this helps someone in some way.

Hi Tomcctv, downloading the webcam.x file from the dvr through IE. Have not tried to extract it from the software and run it that way. Will that work??

Hi Tomcctv, downloading the webcam.x file from the dvr through IE. Have not tried to extract it from the software and run it that way. Will that work??

Hi which mod of dvr are you using

It is a NV5000 card in a pc.

Hi. it sounds like you are not installing a new active x to the pc. as you should see some small changes. try to uninstall it again. also try cms3000 and see if you connect then.