WoW. 16 channels of audio on the embedded XP version. But the Linux version looks like it has cooler features...

It looks like you buy the comart card and slap it in this unit with your choice of operating system. Anyone?

It shouldn't be too expensive it's only a Intel Pentium IV 1.8Ghz w/256mb ram. This is a PC DVR I would consider.

Yeah, i asked about it, they dont sell it on this side of the world, and no its not cheap, I guess you are paying for design, and the embedded XP OS licence? They are also phasing out some of the cards, but they will let you know which ones when you email them. I think they are stopping the HiCaps and just going to sell the Xcaps.

I-VIEW has the DIGI 1600XP, which is a stand alone DVR, 480fps both record and view, HARDWARE COMPRESSED!!

I know that at the end of May, the 480fps 16 Channel hardware card in coming out, pricing? I have no idea, but knowing them, it should'nt be much.

dataave the files on my site under the Iview heading are also recordings, from the Iview Cards .. just in case you want to check them out, includes the small clip that loads on the right .. its available in larger AVI or WMZ files right above it ..

Yeah, that's an actual recording of the Hardware compression. Software is almost the same, but a little more slower, no by much, but that's basically how good the unit is.

They have been around since 95, and the reason that you have head of them, not by name....... A lot of OEM

Anyone know which model Comart DVR Card is used for the Video Insight VJ120?