Lens suggestions?

Having a b!tch of a time finding anything that fits ALL these needs:

C/CS mount

1/2" sensor

Megapixel

Manual iris

IR-corrected (day/night)

WIDER than 4mm (2.8mm would be ideal).

The last one is the trickiest - there seems to be very little for 1/2" MP lenses that will get me wider than 4mm.

I've checked Tamron, Fujinon, and Arecont (these are for Arecont D/N box cams) without anything that matches 100%

With 1/2" MP lens, not much could be done... I checked with American Dynamics, Bosch, CBC and even Panasonic... nothing in their lineup for wider than 4.0mm lens for MP application...

All wider angle MP lenses below 4.0mm are 1/3" format...

Since you mentioned that you are using Arecont D/N box camera, what is their recommendation, if any?

Very nice... " title="Applause" />

Did not know about this company... should contact them... Looks like they offer only six lenses and they all are very wide angle...

Good job man..

That's a sweet lens! They are expensive, but man are they worth it. When you have to have a lens that wide it's the way to go.

Theia lenses do work very well, however, you'll have a heck of a time finding a housing for them that you will not see the edges/sun-shield in the view. I ended up using an EMI flat front housing (claimed weatherproof, but no gasket or sealed edges!), and sealed the heck out of it with silicone.

You will probably want to digitally crop part of the top/bottom of the image, otherwise you usually get a lot of sky and foreground.

Here's a sample from an Arecont 5MP/ Theia SY125 lens.

127463_1.jpg

**********Edit*********

Kowa also makes a nice 3.5MM fixed, as well as a 3.5-10MM varifocal. I have used the fixed lens, it has a really nice image. Haven't tried the varifocal, though.

Damn, that's WIIIIIDE. Do I even want to ask what those things cost??

these are not MP lenses but may help for another job.

http://www.ktncusa.com/english/viewtopic.php?t=468

check out the 1.78 widest one at the bottom .. its about $20 .. the others are cheaper.

they also sell a 1.24mm lens but its not on the KT&C site, part #KLB0124

127463_1.jpg

awesome " title="Applause" />

Theia lenses do work very well, however, you'll have a heck of a time finding a housing for them that you will not see the edges/sun-shield in the view. I ended up using an EMI flat front housing (claimed weatherproof, but no gasket or sealed edges!), and sealed the heck out of it with silicone.

You will probably want to digitally crop part of the top/bottom of the image, otherwise you usually get a lot of sky and foreground.

127463_1.jpg

**********Edit*********

Kowa also makes a nice 3.5MM fixed, as well as a 3.5-10MM varifocal. I have used the fixed lens, it has a really nice image. Haven't tried the varifocal, though.

Theia has some recommend housings on there website that work with the lens

Theia has some recommend housings on there website that work with the lens

I looked at their suggestions, but I can assure you, anything with a sun shield is going to REALLY cut into the view. A dome might be the best bet.