G22

GEO Motion Detect Probs

Our GV800 has been seemingly getting worse over the past year.

One of the current probs is that when ANY motion is detected on the screen, it sends an email... so I am being flooded with emails. And I do have the filter mask setup. In fact, nothing has changed with the filter... it just stopped working properly within the past week or so. We did setup a cheap lil dome cam in the server room with no filter mask at all. Wonder if that is the problem?

I have our 1 x cam to record 24/7 because GEO has been fussy with motion detection from day one. Sometimes, it does not even pick up motion when clearly a person is walking by. And yes, we are using a decent cam... Panasonic WV-CP474 Day/Night.

In addition to this, I can no longer change the fps settings as the setting is not editable. It seems to allocate by itself, which seems to be at least 25-30fps. Of course, I still have the jerky/choppy motion issue, which may just be the CPU (only a 2.4GHz currently)

Any ideas? Re-install the GEO software?

2.4Ghz should still give you real time if the card supports it. Check your memory and other factors also. Mine is a 2.0ghz celleron with 256MB DDR and im getting real time. Im also recording at 640x480.

Of course, I still have the jerky/choppy motion issue, which may just be the CPU (only a 2.4GHz currently)

Any ideas? Re-install the GEO software?

Switch to dual channel memory, minimum 512 DDR400 if you have not already done so. We found that the minimum recommended RAM requirements that Geo publishes are not enough, especially when you use the added features in their software. If you are just setting up a machine and recording continuous 24 hr mode, the specification they publish is fine, but once you start adding features such as object counting, viewing playback while recording, etc....it goes to hell fast. Memory is cheap enough these days and you should see a significant improvement.

scottj