simo923

8.3.4 Related Questions

i am running GV-2008 cards in my PCs. Was running 8.3.1. Went to upgrade to 8.3.4, it shows that it is not compatible with GV2008, strange.

Anyway, i tried to install the upgrade as a GV-4008 card and it seems to be running fine. Anyone have any reasons why i should revert back? i.e potential system failure down the line.

Also, have just installed the latest Contol Center, seems that Geovision actually listened and have address an issue that i brought up. (maybe, still have to test it). there is now a Wave Out Toggle on Matrix.

Results to be posted up soon.

Also, i'm still having an issue with renaming cameras on E-Map Editor. Rename is ghosted out, yet last month i could rename them without any issues. Anyone have any ideas?

Incidentally, there is now a Wave Out Toggle function available now on Matrix in Control Center and it works very well. This is something that i mentioned to Geovision last year at IFSEC, appears that they may have listened. A function that i have been crying out for.

For anyone who's considering updating their GV-2008s to the latest version of Geovision. Even though it installs under GV-4008, don't do it. It screwed up majorly.

All video was running behind time, at double speeds. And although on control center, the video was showing live, when you select the camera, it shows recorded footage.

Big no no.

Is the GV-2008 discontinued in support? Are you able to get it working on 8.3.4? or what is the last version it supports?