sueum

Brighten the night

Hi

I asked a question some where else but I might have put it in the wrong place,

Can I use an illumination LED light to light up my garden at night so that my existing cctv can record in the dark please?

One more thing, I tried to put an Avatar on but I don’t know how to reduce it to the proper size, can you help with that too please?

sueum

IR LEDs and LEDs are commonly thought of as 2 different things.

IR LEDs project infrared light, mostly invisible to the human eye. If your camera switches to black and white at night, chances are it is capable of seeing this type of light. This is how "night vision" works.

Normal LEDs like white ones are visible to the human eye. These will work with any camera.

You can resize your Avatar in picture editing programs.

Hi

Thank you,

By white light do you mean like a light bulb and halogen?

My CCTV is black and white only but has given pictures good enough for Court prosecutions so I stick with it

My question is please:-

Will 48 LEDs give plenty of light at night in my garden please?

I still can’t attach my avatar

sueum

Yes. White light can also be halogen. It's almost any normal light that you can see with your own eyes.

The number of LEDs has almost nothing to do with the intensity or brightness. I have a Surefire LED flashlight that has one LED bulb but its brighter than some piece of crap 50 LED thing a buddy has.

What are the dementions of the area you are trying to light up?

Hi

Thank you,

What should I be looking for in the description or data for the intensity or brightness of an LED/s

my garden area is 30’x100’ (Foot) my cctv, views the 100’ boundery line from the opposite corner, I can not move the camera X further down the garden

Sorry this is the best I can do for a plan

|

|

|

|

|x_____________________________

I have given up with the Avatar

sueum

Hi

Thank you,

What should I be looking for in the description or data for the intensity or brightness of an LED/s

my garden area is 30’x100’ (Foot) my cctv, views the 100’ boundery line from the opposite corner, I can not move the camera X further down the garden

Sorry this is the best I can do for a plan

|

|

|

|

|x_____________________________

I have given up with the Avatar

sueum

Hi sueum. you might find you will get much better picture quality if you use a motion detect flood light. he is also some info on ir lights. http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/IR60-100.pdf