lindsayspop

Foggy night image

I have had this low end residential system for about 9 months, installing it last fall when the weather was cooler. Although the daytime images remain crisp, since this summer I've noticed a foggy image on my cameras. I've cleaned the lens but it doesn't seem to help. These are bullet IR security cameras- 3.6mm 420TVL. Are the IR illuminators crapping out or do I simply have condensation in them? If condensation, any way to remedy that?

Thanks for any answers you might share.

Look at the foggy image closely. Do you see any fuzzy round spots? If so I suspect that the I/R is leaking past the rubber lens isolator at the end of your lens. As stated a pic would help.

hmmm... Is that camera mounted under a porch or is it exposed to rain? Does it ever get direct sunlight?

Can you see condesation inside the camera? Its usually pretty obvious.

Its either condensation or the plastic bezel of the camera is cheap crap and has warped/ faded from UV exposure. I've seen this quite a bit on cheap cameras I've upgraded for customers.

Most commonly happens on cheap Chinese bullet cameras.

Here's my attempt to upload the images. Thanks for any insight you can give me.

see the two spotlights you have right infront of the ir. just cover them up at night to see if they are reflecting some ir back into camera.

looks to me like rain spots which have dried to leave dirty marks on the class. it is so typical to see an image like that once rain spots have settled while the IR is on. as most of the posters have written here, it looks like IR is being reflected back by something on the glass. i very much doubt it would be a damaged separator because it simply would not yeild an image such as that, it would be more of an even wash out on one of the corners spreading inward. have you been jet washing the area maybe and used strong cleaning products which may have tainted the glass over time? i would say use some spirits to make sure you clean all residue from the surface and see how you get on.

From the picture, it seems there two strong light to the IR LEDs directly at night? Would you check the light source? or would you chekc the IR LED lamps, do some IR led lampes not work yet?

Thanks. It's weird because I have cleaned the lens to no noticeable effect and then seen it clear up on its own, leading me to believe it's related to condensation. We have had some of the wettest weather in a long time and the humidity has been through the roof. Couple that with the cheap Chinese cameras they installed and I think I've found the culprit -- our weather.

if it clears up then its condensation.

if it doesnt, and you clean inside and outside, or dont see any water at all inside it either, then could be a bad chip. I just had a bullet camera like that, no water inside at all, but looked like it had a big blob of water on 80% of it .. even gutted it and changed the lens to no prevail. Cheap camera so just replaced it.