SEANHAWG

My quest on getting a PTZ up and Running

I have no choice with mine I get a maximum of 180 deg but in reality it's more like 170 deg. Actually its still very useful, I just wish it had a little more height, but you can only install within the constraints imposed on you. This is at my home and is at the apex if a pitched roof above the stairs to the upper apartments. IWe have a much higher gable end but it would give me no useful view.

What you say about vegetation is true and it's been discussed on her before, it's the camera's worst enemy, especially where you need to use IR lighting. I have an old tree, must be 100 yrs old or more and it has a preservation order on oit so before I can prune it I have to apply for permission and show why I want to prune it. CCTV is not a good reason, but natural light blocking is so thats the way I am going with my request.

My PTZ sugffers a lot of white noise after dark making it all but useless. I am planning a lighting strategy combining IR and security floodlights (white light) I have to work it out a bit. At the moment I have seen some improvement by switching on BLC from the keyboard after dark but there is still a lot of white noise.

Hey Sean, what zoom is your Fasttrack? I think my 2500k is just 18x. I'd love to have a 36x.

I think mine is 27X. The CDC2500H's are mostly 18X, the one I have is a CDC2500HX and most of those models that we have are 27X. I havent had a 36X run across me yet.

Hello Sean,

This is Chuck from the Hitron PTZ team.

I'm glad that our product is serving you well.

I know that I saw this forum post a little too late but in the future, if you or anyone else should encounter any issues with your Fastrax cameras then please feel free to shoot me an email. Hopefully that way you'll get a quicker response.

Chuck@hitron.co.kr

Also if there is anything you'd like to see on our next generation models that would further improve the ease and functionality of the camera then please let me know.

I'm based in Seoul so give me about a day to reply to your inquiries.

Best Regards,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I have worked with many Hitron manufactured products and find them to be of very high quality. Keep up the good work over there.

One more question, how many amps or VA is your power supply putting out? It should say it right on the power supply.

Well Sean, you nailed it. When I purchased this camera, I was also sold a 12v power supply. Guess what? The Costar requires 24v. I won't even begin to describe my frustration...

This forum is great; keep up the good work! By the way, thank you for your help!

OUCH! Didnt screw up the camera did it?

Fortunately not! I actually got it installed and functioning yesterday.

However I did notice while viewing my Costar cam on the monitor, I see a "ghost" image of my other camera's image sliding across the screen. Any thoughts?

hi everyone, i've been having a problem with my ptz camera... i can't control it through dvr.... all protocol are correct... can you suggest an idea to control it? thank you

hi everyone, i've been having a problem with my ptz camera... i can't control it through dvr.... all protocol are correct... can you suggest an idea to control it? thank you

1st check your RS485 connections are seated well and making contact correctly. The number of times......

I could suggest that you tell us what model camera, what model dvr, what settings you have in place on the camera and the dvr and how you have the wiring hooked up.

the camera was sp-2202 sony and the dvr is from ccdcam... please help me about it., all my wire connections are correct... thanks

the camera was sp-2202 sony and the dvr is from ccdcam... please help me about it., all my wire connections are correct... thanks

I suggest you start a new thread, might get more views.

Yep, I just looked it up online and it looks like the same thing. Is this what one of yours looks like with an outdoor fanned enclosure?:

178880_3.jpg

and here is just the camera module:

178880_4.jpg

Yes that is a Hitron manufactured PTZ. Not a bad little jewel eh? Good design too I think.

Yep, I just looked it up online and it looks like the same thing. Is this what one of yours looks like with an outdoor fanned enclosure?:

178880_3.jpg

178880_4.jpg

Yes that is a Hitron manufactured PTZ. Not a bad little jewel eh? Good design too I think.

I have a couple of the Hi-Tron PTZ's in my office as well - quite nice to setup, and they look good in white as well

Looks almost identical to the Capture, yep.

I have a couple of Fastrax IIs on a site, the older one of which refuses to be controlled from a PC, but works great with a Capture keyboard/joystick.

On your PC, if you have speed control on your PC PTZ controls, Be sure to turn up the speed all the way to see if that will make it control it. I have noticed that on some controllers or DVR's, this particular PTZ will not be controlled unless you have the speed turned up all the way or past a certain value, while on others, it doesnt even matter. I dont know why this is.

178880_3.jpg

178880_4.jpg

Looks like a Sensormatic Speed Dome

Amazing camera! Small size, easy to configure, and fast! Better picture than the regular pendant type cams I have been using.