Marcusl

Going to China next month....

Anybody want any pirated boards.... ARRRRRRRR!!

j/k I will be in Hong Kong though and I will keep an eye out, as we plan to go to the electronics and open markets. I wanted to see if there is any really nice watch knock offs. I got a Rolex in Thailand a few years ago that wasn't too bad. I also wanted to check and see if there was any good prices on PSPs.

-Marcus

check out the ip9100, 4 camera server in the box the size of a pack of cigarettes......not my greatest find but it was interesting to see that much "technology" inside a box that small. makes me shiver...............

some stores here go to asia once a month to get all their pirated stuff, DVDs, Knockoff Watches, Oakleys, Etc ..

Its all crap though ... the fake oaks dont last a couple days ... the real ones I have feel soo much better

I know a lot of the higher quality knockoff stuff is up in Shenzhen area as that is where the factories that make a lot of it is, even the pirated dvr boards as I believe. I don't think I will be able to go up there though as my visa to get into mainland China is a single pass. And the HK leg of the trip is last part of my trip and I think you have to show the visa to get on the train to Shenzhen. So I am hoping to run on to some good crap in HK. I don't like fake sunglasses either, the lenses scratch too easy and I don't think they are up to par on the UV protection either...

I know a lot of the higher quality knockoff stuff is up in Shenzhen area as that is where the factories that make a lot of it is, even the pirated dvr boards as I believe. I don't think I will be able to go up there though as my visa to get into mainland China is a single pass. And the HK leg of the trip is last part of my trip and I think you have to show the visa to get on the train to Shenzhen. So I am hoping to run on to some good crap in HK. I don't like fake sunglasses either, the lenses scratch too easy and I don't think they are up to par on the UV protection either...

If you are going, I will pay you for some swiss quality rolex. Give me a pm

doubt its going to be swiss made! or at least not real rolex ..

whats the law in the US about buying knockoffs, is it against the law to sell it, but not to buy it? Just curious, sounds like could be a good online business from here ... even so, things like real rolexes, etc, perfume, etc are all cheap here than in the US .. dont ask me why .. cause the cost of living is double here ..

In the US it is legal to buy knockoffs, under the theory that the buyer has no way to know it's a knockoff. Selling a knockoff generally falls under trademark infringment.

talking about knockoffs, the majority of products for sale in the local straw markets here which are labeled or thought as being made here, are actually made in china .. remember that toy from the karate kid! yeah it sais Hey Mon on it, but its made in asia. .. straw hats, bags, the lot of them, all made in china ...! Yeah mon tourists getting tricked every day!! LOL .. heck we dont even say Hey Mon, or Mon (we dis say "mann" dread), I think that was a hong kong thing ...

just make sure that you get the A grade copies. most of the B grade and lower really sucks, it just falls apart. The A grade is stuff is good. If you are brave enough to follow the chinese girls out of the store, down the alley and through the door under the steps to get it.

Pcik me up a couple of those Chinese women, my Korean one is wearing on my last nerve. haha

In the US it is legal to buy knockoffs, under the theory that the buyer has no way to know it's a knockoff. Selling a knockoff generally falls under trademark infringment.

You can buy as many knockoff boards as you want. It is 100% legal. Where you will get into trouble is in the software. If you install the software it is a violation of the software license. You must have the software from the Manufacture. For Kodicom, it would be their official CD.

Pcik me up a couple of those Chinese women, my Korean one is wearing on my last nerve. haha

Trust me, Chinese women are not all they are cracked up to be... my girlfriend is Chinese and she gets on my nerves all the time... it may have nothing to do with origin though... I think almost any woman would get on my nerves after a while. "You don't talk enough."

If you have a Korean one, does she speak the language? If so, maybe she can get everyone some good deals straight from manufacturer on cards/software in Korea. Won't have to worry about the Chinese knockoffs and software infringement.