Ill have one up tonight, though its the digiflower card, the software is not digiflower, its EclipseCCTV ...

I know it's all the same "base" but eclipse tweaked it the best so far.

Edited by Guest

And Im putting it in my AMD PC

I have an Intel one to put it in as well, but I just want to make sure it will work in the AMD first as I can get the AMD PCs for $250 brand new from Tiger. Its going to be our DIY cheap PC Card, will sell it in a local electronic store.

Even from NY ? I guess shipping isnt that bad within the US though .. its shipping it over here that ups the price big time ... but man they got some good prices, my PC I use now, its a refurbished HP/Compaq AMD PC, got it for $250!! Slapped in a Radeon $40 card, some extra memory and put in my larger HDD, and its great ..

Most times I buy refurb., especially if warranty comes from manufacture. This wireless notebook I am on...I saved 600 bucks!!! HP baby-17 inch!

I had a deal today on a HP ZD8000, 17 inch screen, and 3.4ghz P4, 1G of ram, 100GIG hard drive. $700.00, but I let it go, too heavy for what I need it, I was looking for an excuse to get it, but I didn't get one. To Bad, nice nice screen

nice excuse would have been to send it down here ...

could have easily sold that here for $2000 or more ...

Rory, if you can sell those for 2k all day long, I can send those down to you daily.

scottj

He he he .. Ill check local pricing and specs on Tuesday, for Laptops, and let you know, could be worth it.

Anyway, I just installed the Eclipse 4 channel card, with 1 camera. Display is real time though Ill know when I connect up all 4 cameras, which wont be right now. T-connectors are not really any good so need a mux, will get one tomorrow. Its only supposed to be 30fps total anyway ..

Anyways, its working on the AMD PC no issues.

Now this is where it gets weird, this is basically the cheapest 4 channel card next to Ebay I have seen, but it has settings for 740x480 and 720x480, as well as MPEG4 and MPEG4+. .... whats up with that? Ill know in the day if it really is doing any higher res, night is not easy to tell.

Very plain Set up, simple. Users seem to be a little on the disfunctional side, you have to set up seperate users for remote access, but cant set cameras to each user, so they see all cameras. It starts and shuts down by default, but that was easy enough to change.

Anyway, since im already running port 80 for the Iview card on another PC, ill have to set this to port 81 and do a web hop with DynDns.org, am setting that up right now. When im done and tested it Ill post a link here to check it out, with full admin user and pass etc. Darn, now I got to delete all the *movies* before yall hack my PC!!! LOL .. cant give that away for free yah know ...!

Rory

okay ... its set up .. internet explorer address is ..

http://rory.is.dreaming.org - DONT CLICK .. yet

User & pass = demo, it has full setup & search admin rights also.

now it uses pop up by default so you have to disable pop ups ..ill change that when i take this card out and put it in the actual PC im going to use for it ...

Heres what the issue is .. you cant minimize it, they even disable the windows key ... anyone know a simple way around this without me hurting my head ..??

Anyway, I can post a time when Ill put it up, but when its on I cant do anything else on my PC ... ill wait for some replies first ..

Rory

Anyway, I can post a time when Ill put it up, but when its on I cant do anything else on my PC ... ill wait for some replies first ..

Rory

I am interested in checking it out. Just post when it'll be up. How many concurrent users can be logged in?

I am interested in checking it out. Just post when it'll be up. How many concurrent users can be logged in?

honestly no idea at this time .. ill have to check .. the point that at least I can put it in a $250 pc is pretty good, plus its Duty free as its a PC

At least for a low end 4 channel PC DVR .. dynamic DNS etc ..

One thing though, the server software install deleted my outlook express user accounts (not emails), as well as my OfficeXP had to do the reinstall thing .. im still logged in as the same user though .. will have to look into that ...

Rory

ok knock yourself out ... ill leave it running for 20 mins ... its 10.45 now ..

Rory

Im on the Iview DVR so let me know what you think or if ytou have any questions.. i am checking email on here ...Rory

did yall check the set up? Its very simple but effective. Check the search also ... not much there yet as only 1 camera and its only been up a few minutes, but has the disk map thing ..

when i tell you the price of the card you will drop your jaw!

see dealer section ... retail bahamas approx $290 (give or take sales pricing and local store pricing).

I-View?

the Iview DVR Card, its on a seperate PC. Thats what Im using to write this message on .. I have 2x19" monitors... 1 with a KVM switch.

This Eclipse Demo by the way is running on a HP Compaq $250 Refurbished 1+ year old PC!! I got it handed down second hand as well ... so that means its ... forthend hand ..?

that is the Eclipse CCTV demo ..

for the Iview, the Iview is http://xtreme1.gotdns.com

See Iview is port forwarded using Port 80, default HTTP port.

So i had to set up port 81 as another HTTP port and port foeward that to the Eclipse DVR for HTTP, then set up a web hop using DynDns.org to the xtreme1.gotdns.com:81 ... Only way I can see to have multiple HTTP servers on the same router without static IPs..?

So basically http://rory.is.dreaming.org is redirected to http://xtreme1.gotdns.com:81 and the title is cloaked.

Rory

I havent tried it yet, but im sure you can set up IIS or another web server to do a redirect using a querystring as well, for alot of port 80 IPs. and using DynDns.org using a web hop to the main DDNS Link with a querystring on the end. In fact I had to disable my IIS on my PC before I could change the default port from 80 to 81 on the DVR Server.

There are actually several HTTP ports, to find out which ones are open from your Routre / ISP goto www.grc.com and Shields Up. I found out actually that a certain ISP in Connecticut blocks port 80 for example, so to get around this you set up port 81 with port forwarding, and use a web hop with something like DynDns.org to the main name and port 81 on the end of it. Or set up IIS web server and do an ASP redirect using querystrings.

Rory

PS.ok yall done im logging it off ... for now .. will switch it to a seperate Intel PC which will always be online.. first i have another PC to reload windows on so ill be using that power, etc for tonight.