aberose

looking for a new better system. need help.

I have a lorex system in my warehouse for about 2 years. overall, it was ok. it did need to be restarted and reset a bunch of times. the video quality was poor. now its pretty much dead. it keeps shuting down and i cant log in remotely.

i saw a good price on a 8 camera clover system. how are they?

can someone please help me. I need about 8 cameras. and i need to be able to log in and watch remotely.

Please help.

thanks in advance,

Clover has good stuff??? Yeah not so much...

Stay away from any packaged system. Clover, Qsee, Security Man, Swann, blah blah it's all the same rebranded Chinese crap. Lorex is actually one the better of the big box store brands, but still a far cry from professional quality equipment. If you're wanting an upgrade, don't buy Chinese junk like off Ebay or online stores.

But forget quality, there is no "one size fits all" camera. Those packaged systems all come with fixed lens IR cameras.

Tell us what each camera will be needed for, and we can make recommendations accordingly. Knowing your budget will also help.

We received in a Clover 8 channel DVR that a retailer was using as one of their DVR's in their system, that was actually really nice. The recording quality was some of the best that I have seen on a DVR but it was sold just as a single DVR, meaning it did not come as a package box deal. We also now have a clover 4 channel DVR that I think came off of a retail store display, this one is not so good, probably about as good as using a quad processor and a VCR in my opinion, the quality is just not there.

I have seen the same thing with Samsung products. Some of their commercial grade security products are excellent but then they sell those security package deals that you see at Sams that have the IR fixed focal lens cameras that have the telephone line connections. Those are junk and I dont know why Samsung would even sell that stuff because it gives them a bad name compared to all of their other good stuff that they have.

We receive in lots of store display package systems from various major retailers, the only thing that is worth anything on the system is the DVR and sometimes those arent that great. But the cameras are almost always not worth anything, the optics are just worthless.

What are willing to spend, that is important. A fairy cheap solution I have been pushing is the Speco Tech wall mount series DVR. It works very well and is out of the way when mounted, and nobody really would tamper with it. So far so good with the units I have dealt with and user friendly as well as a viewing app or smartphones.