liveguard

Please help!!!! interference on cameras STILL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hW_sozzTSU

Of 10 cameras on this site 3 of the are doing this,

any ideas what could cause this or how to stop it?

i have swapped cameras, swapped inputs on dvr and checked all connections.

It only happens when irs are on

i have no ups fitted

any ideas???

Thanks in advance guys

Edited by Guest

Cameras can do wierd things if they are under supplied on power.

Check with a volt meter at the camera with the camera plugged in what the voltages are both with the IRs on and when they are off.

What is the amp draw rated at on this camera? The power supply that you are using: what is it rated for?

bpzle is right. Definitley sounds like your power. When the IR's kick in you have more current being drawn. Are you using a common supply for all 10 cameras? Try powering some of them locally or getting a higher amp-rated supply.

Thanks guys, I was beginning to chase my tail with this job, ill boost ampage and see what result i get.

thanks again ill keep you posted

Not a power issue, I installed a 10 amp bench power supply and problem is still the same!!! Wat now aaaaahhhhhh?!?!?!?!!

Any ideas guys?

It's not just the current capability of the power supply... if the cameras are too far away and/or the wire too small, you'll get voltage loss at the camera. Smaller wire has higher resistance and limits the current available to the camera, as well. If these are 12V cameras and a regulated power supply, then the supply is spitting out JUST 12V... it could be down below 11V by the time you get to the camera... and as others have noted, when the IR kicks in and the current draw increases, the voltage will drop even more.

How far are the cameras from the power supply, and what size wire are you using?

The power supply is 13.8v 10 amp. The cameras at no more than 15 meters from power supply and dvr. Cable is standard alarm cable doubled up on cores. I have pushed the limits of all these things before and have proved to be capable of much much more in ever respect, that's why I'm so confused as to what's causing this.

Thanks

Okay, actually looked at the video... that looks like compression artifacts. Are these true day/night cameras or just cheapies? Offhand I'd suspect the DVR - is it a standalone or PC-based?

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by true day/night? The cameras are eyeballs 540 line with built in IRs. I will fit a new dvr for testing tomorrow night. Any other ideas. Really appreciate the help.

The power supply is 13.8v 10 amp. The cameras at no more than 15 meters from power supply and dvr. Cable is standard alarm cable doubled up on cores. I have pushed the limits of all these things before and have proved to be capable of much much more in ever respect, that's why I'm so confused as to what's causing this.

Thanks

what type of cable are you using for video ???

Looking at the video again, that really doesn't look like the noise is coming from the camera or the cabling - it looks like image corruption IN the DVR... possibly a failing input, more likely a corrupted hard drive or failing compression hardware.

test the camera at the camera ... power it locally .. or take it down and bench test it, not using the DVR and use a regular 12VDC power supply, perhaps 1 or 2 amps - simulate darkness for the IR to come on or cover the photocell. Try another camera if it still persists.

It looks, like on night mode recorder "trying" catch color signal from cameras. You can use "color burst" function (if available) on cameras in night mode, or just "reduce" cameras resolution (high frequency signals) from camera just by adding picofarade range capacitors in parallel of video signal.

Hi guys on site now, just fitted new dvr and no interference can't believe this I have had so much trouble on this site with faulty equipment and equipment not doing what I was told it was capable of.

Anyway Thanks for all the advice

Stephen.