Sign in to follow this  
tangcoral

Playback keeps stopping with "cif end"

I'm trying to figure out if its the DVR or the harddrive.

I have set my record to motion detection which records fine through out the day and week.

However when I playback the recording it stops playback every 1-2 hours and says "cif end" as if there is no more recording. But when I time search it by advancing a few minutes from where it last stopped it plays fine for another hour or so and stops again at "cif ends"

It doesnt do it randomly wither as it always stops at specific times. It gets a bit annoying as it should playback through the whole day's recording.

So is it the dvr or the harddrive not being able to record on a continuous basis?

I'm using a laptop sized 2.5inch harddrive with 80 gb if that tells you anything.

Thanks in advanced.

CIF end? odd. CIF has to do with resolution. Do you have the cameras set to record at different resolutions? I dont know why this would make it stop during playback but its something to consider.

I dont know if its the hard-drive or not but the hard-drive you are using is not optimal for your scenario. If anything you should be using a 3.5" hard-drive, more specifically, one that is suited for surveillance such as the seagate SV series.

I'm trying to figure out if its the DVR or the harddrive.

I have set my record to motion detection which records fine through out the day and week.

However when I playback the recording it stops playback every 1-2 hours and says "cif end" as if there is no more recording. But when I time search it by advancing a few minutes from where it last stopped it plays fine for another hour or so and stops again at "cif ends"

It doesnt do it randomly wither as it always stops at specific times. It gets a bit annoying as it should playback through the whole day's recording.

So is it the dvr or the harddrive not being able to record on a continuous basis?

I'm using a laptop sized 2.5inch harddrive with 80 gb if that tells you anything.

Thanks in advanced.

you dont have a problem. it just down to how your dvr works. on some data will be saved in blocks by the hour (makes it easy to search) you just keep clicking on the file for that hour