Sign in to follow this  
HORNETS7

AN TONE 4CH DVR

I have a an tone 4 ch dvr which was working fine until a few weeks ago !

only a small problem but its recording 4 channels as normal but if / when i try to watch a recording back all i get is a blue screen! so i cannot watch any playback?

all the time scales show that there are recordings and it is recording and i do get picture outputs when whatching the cameras live but just cannot view playback footage?

i have tried a part of the menu which says system restore but that didnt do anything!

any ideas?

thanks in advance

I have a an tone 4 ch dvr which was working fine until a few weeks ago !

only a small problem but its recording 4 channels as normal but if / when i try to watch a recording back all i get is a blue screen! so i cannot watch any playback?

all the time scales show that there are recordings and it is recording and i do get picture outputs when whatching the cameras live but just cannot view playback footage?

i have tried a part of the menu which says system restore but that didnt do anything!

any ideas?

thanks in advance

the best thing to do to save you problems is to swap the dvr. and put in something with support. take a look at avtech.

the dvr you have is sold under 100s of manufacture names and its the cheapest dvr around. other names.

CNM / SWANN / 4Tone / maplin / Byron / Tiempo / Castle.

you have invested in a cctv system and you need it to do its job. its not your cameras just the dvr unit ....... pull it out replace with a avtech and relax.

Was it possible that you had no video feed at the time that you were viewing the playbacks such as a power outage or some other related issue? Have you tried to view several different other days to see if you get a video feed?

Were you able to view recordings at a previous time?

Did you install the hard-drive yourself? If so, what type of hard-drive did you install? Sounds like it could be a hard-drive problem. I dont know anything about that DVR but a bad hard-drive can give you related problems such as that. Try re-formatting the hard-drive and re-test it, (warning: only reformat if there is nothing on the DVR that need for evidence).

hi thanks for replies ! i bought the unit new and worked fine! i have previously watched playback recordings but it won't now?

ive just tried a format of the hdd but it still wont playback!

it cant be the out feed as the cameras live feed uses th same plug if i unplug it the cameras go off! if while in playback the screen is just blue and the time lapse shows as if its playing but no pic if i unplug the video out the screen goes black and plug it back in the screen comes back playback blue!?

anymore ideas

hi thanks for replies ! i bought the unit new and worked fine! i have previously watched playback recordings but it won't now?

ive just tried a format of the hdd but it still wont playback!

it cant be the out feed as the cameras live feed uses th same plug if i unplug it the cameras go off! if while in playback the screen is just blue and the time lapse shows as if its playing but no pic if i unplug the video out the screen goes black and plug it back in the screen comes back playback blue!?

anymore ideas

Which Model & Firmware Ver. of An-Tone DVR you have.