Bmonaweck02

12 volts to camera but no power

I have been installing a Q-See security system. I have had to extend the factory cables and i have the cables crimped correctly and everything works except for one cable. I have checked the voltage and that is fine at 12.05 volts but there is no power to the camera (the ir's do not come on at night). It is not the camera because i have tried the camera with another cable I made myself. I am wondering if anyone can give me any help?

Thanks

-Bmonaweck02

How long is the cable run? Did you check the voltage at the camera?

Did you have to install a coupler to extend the cable run? When doing this, you increase the chance of having a bad video connection.

I have been installing a Q-See security system. I have had to extend the factory cables and i have the cables crimped correctly and everything works except for one cable. I have checked the voltage and that is fine at 12.05 volts but there is no power to the camera (the ir's do not come on at night). It is not the camera because i have tried the camera with another cable I made myself. I am wondering if anyone can give me any help?

Thanks

-Bmonaweck02

http://www.q-see.com/support/tech-support.php

Phone: 877.998.3440 extension 539 for DVR and Camera questions

i would check that cable splice again, could have come slightly loose. What kind of cables are being spliced together?

Thanks

-Bmonaweck02

http://www.q-see.com/support/tech-support.php

Phone: 877.998.3440 extension 539 for DVR and Camera questions

Thanks,

But I decided to go to Menard's and get some 18/2 cable and run new power. I don't know why it wouldn't work. I had 12 volts before and now that i ran the new cable I still have 12 volts but the camera works now.