keefe007

Geovision Reports from Taipei

I'm in Taipei right now covering Computex for Techware Labs and I stopped by the Geovision booth to see what they are up to.

At the booth I spoke with the marketing director and the head developer of the Geovision system. On display were the new PCI Express versions of the GV cards, as well as a few under development products. Coming shortly are some three-in-one cards that claim to combine the features of GV capture cards, GV-DSP, and GV-A16, into one enhanced card at a lower price point. The hybrid DVR card and the DVR keyboard were on display, but we've already heard about that. Another new product is the GV-WT, which is an access control integration box. This will allow one to integrate a GV system with weigand format card readers and access control devices. The patch data can be then overlayed onto the video, similar to the POS integration system.

The new GUI was not on display but the marketing director did say that it is being worked on and that it should be released within the next week or so.

Another quite interesting statement made by the technical manager is that GV will support H 264 in Q3. He said they will be releasing a software update for the cards that will add the H 264 compression codec to be used. This will greatly decrease the amount of space that will be used by the video log.

I'm going to be wandering around Computex for the next couple days and I'm sure I'll be back around the GV booth so if anyone has any specific questions just post them here and I will get a direct answer.

Ask Edward or Michelle why they chose Wiegand format for the Access Control features. Most upperend controllers do not use this outdated format.

And tell Michelle I'm still not ready to get married.

scottj

Hey Kef, see if you can stop by the I-VIEW booth, and talk to a Mr. James Ou. I know that they have a new GUI that's supposed to be released sometime next month, but they are already showcasing it. Let us know how it is, I'll appreciate it.

hermin

Ask Edward or Michelle why they chose Wiegand format for the Access Control features. Most upperend controllers do not use this outdated format.

And tell Michelle I'm still not ready to get married.

scottj

26 bit Wiegand is still very common, standard in the industry. Not all Corps want to ugrade $$$ to a smart card system.

..and Michelle said, non-Union need not apply.