Jeffrey

Lines in all the Cameras

I've had my new Avermedia DVR for a few weeks now without a problem. One day I go back into the office and all cameras have these lines going through the screen.

Any ideas?

Here is a link to the video of what it is doing:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee267/8100Power/?action=view&current=3ed8c647.mp4

Hi that looks like a monitor problem (lines are going across quad picture) could be a bad vga lead or monitor has a problem. test with another monitor first.

Yea, looks like you have a problem with the monitor. The lines are going across multiple camera views at once. That wouldn't happen if the actual cameras were at fault.

I would make sure all monitor connections are firm, and then try another monitor; this one may be going bad.

Nothing wrong with the monitor, I have the same thing and Avermedia is aware they are sending me a new board Monday 11/29/2010

I have been talking with Jay Lyons (Jay.Lyons@avermedia.com) and he said it was something heat related but he didn't elaborate.

The unit I have is the EH5108H, second one actually. Right now I am pretty disappointed but customer service has been so good I haven't jumped ship yet.

click pic for video

th_2010_11_24_13_18_46_000-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

I've seen something like that on a CRT that had a failing flyback I've also seen it on PCs with failing video cards. Since this isn't a CRT, I'd have to guess the latter: the DVR's display adapter is flaking out.

I don't know what it is, all I know is Avermedia says they have a fix, I will take a pic of what they send me. (They hated that I said the Q-see I had worked better )

The video I posted is backed up off the network so it is recording all those messed up artifacts. The DVR actually thinks it is motion so I had to disable all motion alerts/recording.

Thanks for the info. I'll try the suggested options first an then call them if I don't relsolve it. I have the same unit.

Nothing wrong with the monitor, I have the same thing and Avermedia is aware they are sending me a new board Monday 11/29/2010

I have been talking with Jay Lyons (Jay.Lyons@avermedia.com) and he said it was something heat related but he didn't elaborate.

The unit I have is the EH5108H, second one actually. Right now I am pretty disappointed but customer service has been so good I haven't jumped ship yet.

click pic for video

dont understand your problem ............ you say aver are going to send you a new board ??? .... i would have said no. all avers have 2 years warranty. send it back.

your problem is on a camera view. the demo of the ops video the problem is on the screen

click pic for video

dont understand your problem ............ you say aver are going to send you a new board ??? .... i would have said no. all avers have 2 years warranty. send it back.

your problem is on a camera view. the demo of the ops video the problem is on the screen

Its is the exact same problem as the op, mine does the same thing across all the channels I just posted the one because it is easier to see. I would send it back but I am already out 30 bucks shipping for the first one I sent back, I requested that they just send the new board so it would be cheaper for me.

Here is another video with all channels.

th_2010_11_25_7_0_29_000-1.jpg

click pic for video

Its is the exact same problem as the op, mine does the same thing across all the channels I just posted the one because it is easier to see. I would send it back but I am already out 30 bucks shipping for the first one I sent back, I requested that they just send the new board so it would be cheaper for me.

Here is another video with all channels.

th_2010_11_25_7_0_29_000-1.jpg

Hi you do not have the same problem at all. is your dvr on a network ??? if you play your video demo you will see your getting text. you can see it on porch cam/ garage. / back yard street. cameras. is you dvr networked. also what is your pictures like on vga out ?

Kccustom let me login in to his dvr. The artifacts show up in live view, and archived video on my PC as well. The dvr is recording this, even detecting it as motion activity... on multiple cameras. It is indeed an issue with the dvr.

It is the same on the VGA out as well, my question is: Why are on here on Thanksgiving? Well except for Tom I think he is in the UK.

It is the same on the VGA out as well, my question is: Why are on here on Thanksgiving? Well except for Tom I think he is in the UK.

on your demo i can see the motion lights. are you putting vga and the composit though the same monitor.

on your demo i can see the motion lights. are you putting VGA and the composite though the same monitor.

No, I only have a VGA monitor hooked up at the moment and I only use that when I am configuring something I cant do remotely.

I just remembered that when I am on the set up screens I don't get any screen distortion.

on your demo i can see the motion lights. are you putting VGA and the composite though the same monitor.

No, I only have a VGA monitor hooked up at the moment and I only use that when I am configuring something I cant do remotely.

I just remembered that when I am on the set up screens I don't get any screen distortion.

sorry kccustom. am getting a little confused. the video demo you have is composite view. how do you change screens from that to the set-up screen (which is vga)

sorry kccustom. am getting a little confused. the video demo you have is composite view. how do you change screens from that to the set-up screen (which is vga)

The last one is recorded over the network with the console viewer.

Well since I kind of hijacked this thread I will follow up on the lines/artifacts I was having problems with.

I have received and installed the new board from AverMedia and it is working like a charm.

Click image for video.

th_2010_12_4_10_0_0_000-1.jpg

Sweet camera!

Are u serious or sarcastic ?

Do u really like this pix

Ouch, now my feelings are hurt.

That is pulled off the network, set to the widest I could get it and I don't think I have it perfectly focused.

It's too dang cold to go out and mess with it now.

I think that bug is creepy!