WildCard

With Geovision, can you throttle certain cams FPS down?

If you have a 120 fps 8 cam card, is it possible to throttle down or up certain cam's fps rating?

Ex: Make Cams 1,2,3,4 set down to 7.5fps, leave cams 5,6 at 15fps, make cams 7,8 30fps?

Thanks-

-WC-

PS: Is there a Geovision only type forum out there for these type specific questions?

You can adjust each channels recording and display rate independently. since you have a 120 FPS card (GV-800), you can only adjust each camera to a maximum of 15 FPS when all 8 channels are being used. However, you can utilize the "smart recording" feature which will allocate recording frame rate resources to camera channels which have the most change in state (movement in the recording area).

scottj

I guess I have the Smart Recording option enabled on our GV800-4 even though I do not recall ever doing so. One day, the icons/buttons to change fps and the 'quality' just became non clickable and been that way ever since.

However, it still seems like 30fps all the time (recording 24/7)... a jerky jittery 30fps though. And when motion is detected and sends an email alert, the video freezes for a second or two and I get odd looking attachments in my emails. And when I playback, sometimes I miss a critical second or two of video just as that email was sent.

add more RAM, the GV-800 boards seem to require a minimum of 512 PC3200 or preferred Dual Channel PC3200.

Also, Did you move the board to a different PCI slot on the mainboard away from the AGP slot? Sometimes slot #1 will share the same IRQ as the AGP thus degrade performance.

scottj

1GB RAM and the card is PCI slot #2.

I have a feeling all DVR cards share this 'issue'. I seen a 30fps clip from a Comart XECAP100 recently with the exact same jerky jittery jump ahead motion. And that was at 320x240. I also see the same issue on ours when not even recording.

when you say jittery, in live or playback? I havent noticed it with the Iview .. at least on this 120fps card with up to 4 cameras, after 4 then it slows down ..

The Eclipse 16 channel we have does freeze then jump though, but then its a POS 16 channel system!!

It is the same all around... Live, Playback, or Recording. Even if there is a larger than normal load on the CPU for whatever reason, it is the exact same annoyance all the time.

Perhaps I am just being too fussy. I guess I cannot be having my ding dong and be eating it too.

Dont know the card so cant say, but remember when you said my video looked like it was jittery, while it is real time on everyone elses PC .. the Avi FILE ... perhaps its your PC. Have you tried another PC? IS this a dedicated PC for the DVR? Maybe its slower (frozen) in Canada from the cold weather ?

I played your vid on my laptop as that is my only home PC. It is a Dell Latitude D505 w/1GB Crucial RAM. I think I mentioned before though that jeep.Avi is only 15fps and posted a screen cap of it. I need to see some 30fps samples from I-view.

It is very warm here right now. However, the server (yes it be dedicated to just a DVR) at our office is in the server room and I try to keep it around 15c - 19c which is hard. I also have a portable AC unit in there (APC Network Air 1000) as backup. I have an indoor/outdoor Radio Shack thermometer as well on the outside of the door. The lowest reading inside was 13.3c and highest was 26c.

Edited by Guest

He he he .. i was only kiddin bout the cold ...

as for that 15fps file properties, every file shows as 15fps even if it is 30fps ... it was a windows AVI ting .. cause I was getting real time, and if I wasnt, that was the fastest 15fps I have ever seen ..

Ofcourse, Real time is only 30fps as seen by the human eye .. that doesnt mean that is actually real time motion video .. but it is a guideline. For example, the Kalatel DSR-2000e, does 60fps .. with 1 camera connected and programmed at 60fps, it is the same "looking" speed as 30fps, but playback is much greater quality. The human eye cannot tell the difference beyond 30fps.

Im running this Iview PC Dvr in temps as high as ... hmmm, 90+ degrees F .. cause my AC is ready to crop .. need to buy a new one, sweating even when try to sleep, its soo darn hot .. the darn stand up fan is even on the way out .. I got to go in my jeep to get cooled off sometimes ..

He he he .. i was only kiddin bout the cold ...

as for that 15fps file properties, every file shows as 15fps even if it is 30fps ... it was a windows AVI ting .. cause I was getting real time, and if I wasnt, that was the fastest 15fps I have ever seen ..

Can you save them in Movie Maker or some other format other than AVI?

Check out this wmv below. Overall, it looks fairly good. If you watch the punk in the vid after he dumps the ****box and cleanses himself in a pool of dirty water... there is a slight jumping forward motion as he gets up and walks away. That is what I be talkin about. I may be fussy, but sometimes it does it quite frequently and it gets annoying.

And since I saw the exact same on the Comart/Video Insight 30fps clip... I am assuming it is just a common issue with DVR cards in general, or a PC/chip limitation.

http://216.185.66.21/images/cctv/punk_bike.wmv

AVI default then convert to WMV with Movie Maker. Ii have a WMV version on my home page .. its a much smaller file .. but it looses some quality.

Ill check that out in a sec, working on a huge quote right now . .. all night actually .. if yah want to see the plan i made, email me ill send it to yah ..