geraldhumphreys

geovision, 32 channel is it possible?

Hi Guys

I am trying to setup a 32 channel dvr system.

Is it possible to do this with geovision? I have installed 2 *16 channel gv800 s cards. My boss wants me to see if this can work.

When i install the drivers for the cards and then go into device manager it has an explanation mark on the double of each drivers. So the one card drivers are all installed but the second card it isnt.

How can i get passed this and get both cards to install?

I read in the manuel that you can do this but just doesnt say how?

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: You need to have a card made recently (within the past ohh say 1.5 years id guess)

The older cards that ran v7 probably won't work. When the newer cards shipped with 8.xxx they changed the hardware around, so now you can double up on the cards.

If you can run 8.x you shouldnt have any problems (SHOULDNT, there are times when the card is old enough that it may run 8.x but not run dual cards).

Basically install the cards, then run the geovision driver installation. If you added a 2nd card, run the driver installation again before you run the software. You should see them all listed. If your seeing errors, chances are you may be using older drivers or one of those cards MIGHT be older.

I had this issue with the old mpeg cards. They were discontinued but i found some online. One of them was a newer one, one was not. So i had to get a new one sent out so i could run dual cards. You may have a similar issue if one card is older then the other.

i did it with 2 gv 1480a cards unfortunatly i was having compatablity probs with my pc so it would perodically freeze, but i got it to work with 32 inputs of course it cost me 3000$ total and ended up not working out but thats the way the world turns i suppose