rucanunes

Best app for a general CCTV video recorder?

Hello,

In your opinion, what's the best app for iPhone to view (live) your CCTV cameras via the CCTV recorder?

Does Eagle Eyes support brands other that it's own?

Regards,

Eros Nunes

The best app would generally be the one supplied by the manufacturer of the DVR, or at least an app written specifically for said DVR.

try dvrmobile, just search for it in google ? I tried it with my generic DVR and it works nicely, even tried it out on an ipad.

Thank you for your help.

I downloaded it from iTunes but I have a question...

What are those letter after the domain name?

I can't seem to be able to connect to my DVR...

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=343195345&mt=8?partnerId=30&siteID=KEmRFwU0WKY-E4kkszmfrmSzP3HSUtV79w

Eros

thats the port number of your DVR.

Have you tried connecting to your DVR via the pc based software the comes with it ?

The format of the IP field is IP:PORT

so if your IP is 198.0.0.0 and port is 8000

it will be 198.0.0.0:8000

thats the port number of your DVR.

Have you tried connecting to your DVR via the pc based software the comes with it ?

The format of the IP field is IP:PORT

so if your IP is 198.0.0.0 and port is 8000

it will be 198.0.0.0:8000

If you go to this page, you'll see numbers and letters after the ":"?!?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=343195345&mt=8?partnerId=30&siteID=KEmRFwU0WKY-E4kkszmfrmSzP3HSUtV79w

sorry for the late reply ! is your DVR configured to be accessible via port 80 ? also there might also be a chance that the software is not compatible with your DVR, do you have your DVR model there ?

I recently got a Droid X and I downloaded ipcam lite from the market. Worked so good with my avtech 787 that I got the paid version. (About $10 from the market and the developer responded to all my questions). The lite version only allows you to view 4 or 5 cams and I needed to add more so I got the paid version. Give it a try if you can't get anything else to work. I never tried eagle eyes or any of the other programs though so I can't evaluate them, but I'm happy with this one.