thewireguys

New IP camera setup/install tool

Yeah but for that price tag you could get an even better laptop with a near normal keyboard.

Ive been using my original 701 eee pc to adjust cameras in the field for a while now BTW .. so lite only need 2 fingers, and unlike the newer netbooks it can take falls from 10-12 feet to concrete and tile without breaking or cracking .. no HDD either.

Anyway, lets hope the Slate is faster than their other Win 7 netbooks/Tablets cause that OS needs a real fast system and those ones are just slow as heck. Also wonder what the battery life is like .. recall they had the netbook with 9 hours of battery on sale sometime the year before last for under $200 .. then after they discontinued it their new netbooks were all junk - even their recent laptop/tablets were junk also - maybe this will be the Asus comeback?

Personally I cant use a tablet anyway, I need a keyboard, touch is too slow for my needs, but I guess for basic stuff and entertainment it will work. At least it has everything the ipad doesnt have

Rory that has a i5 processor in it and it comes with a keyboard.

Yeah I noticed the processor though still 1.3ghz .. to warp speed of 1.8

Also it comes with something that resembles a rubber laptop keypad.

Rory only uses CRTs for his test monitors. This is what he packs up the ladder for setting up IP cameras:

11902OutOfDateDesktopComputerWithACRTScr-1.jpg

Rory only uses CRTs for his test monitors. This is what he packs up the ladder for setting up IP cameras:

11902OutOfDateDesktopComputerWithACRTScr-1.jpg

Actually you are wrong and that is slander. Please quit it and start to act like a mod and not a little child.

When Rory start to do IP cameras ?

The topic is not about me, please stay on topic.

Oh please, Rory... it's a friendly nudge in the ribs and everybody but you knows it. Grow a sense of humor.

Anyway, it just "no standard" solution. Temporary, at this time, with lots of ActiveX......

After some time, when camera manufacturers will comply ONVIV, you will find another tool.

Or, like a Sanyo, Pelco, IQvision, etc... will provide you standard SD output for test monitor for angle adjustment. And, Sanyo and Pelco will provide you remote focus

At this moment, you can use at you own risk

Oh please, Rory... it's a friendly nudge in the ribs and everybody but you knows it. Grow a sense of humor.

Rory I have to agree with Soundy on this one.

I could care less what you agree with, how about the personal attacks stop now.

I dont find things like that funny.

I could care less what you agree with, how about the personal attacks stop now.

I dont find things like that funny.

Rory, You "apply" you opinion like "no discussed".....

So.....

Edited by Guest

Actually you are wrong and that is slander. Please quit it and start to act like a mod and not a little child.

Does "mod" means moderator or its another meaning ?

Shall I congratulate Soundy with new position ?