Sign in to follow this  
Gator

Geovision GV-NET I/O question

I'm considering adding this card and need to be certain I understand the programming features. I have a question about i/o functionality in the software, 8.3.

On the I/O setup screen, it shows a pulse option. It accepts a range up to 900 seconds. Can I connect an input from the GV-NET IO to a photoelectric relay, an output to a floodlight (with an external control relay) and have it light the lamp for any dwell time I set up to 900 seconds? Is this time retriggerable, such that the timing countdown is restarted each time the input switches? I would like for lighting to stay on until there is no more activity on the motion detectors or photoelectric detectors.

I'm also curious what applications others have used for these I/O's.

Dear Gator:

For the photoelectric relay type of input, as long as its voltage meets the spec of GV-NET I/O Card, it should work.

The spec

Input:

Dry Contact or Wet Contact 9~30V, AC/DC

Output:

Relay Capacity: 1) USB Connection: 30V DC, 3A 2) RS-232 Connection: 125 / 250V AC, 3A; 30V DC, 3A

You can choose to use camera motion/motion detectors/or photoelectric detectors to trigger output (the floodlight) and it is retriggerable as you said if you set it to be in the pulse mode (ex. if you set the timer to 900 secs, the light should be off by the 900th second if no more motion in between, but if you have motion at say, the 800th second, then the light should go off by the 1700th second)

For typical applications, I have seen some people using sensor as input to open the garage door. It all depends on what you have in mind.

Interesting way to trip a light. We use them for flood lights on a football field but its either ON or OFF. We havnt used the PULSE option. The only time ive used pulse was for a garage door that someone using eMap clicked, but we pulsed it for 1 second. Can't be certain that you can pulse it for 900 seconds and then break the beam and have it go another 900 seconds mid-countdown, not 100% sure.

But make sure you have a low voltage input ... dont try and switch 120v on the board, you'll fry it. A dry contact is your best option, and you can do this with a relay that will take that 120v and allow you to trigger it with a dry NC or NO contact. They sell them all over.