Norandy

Looking for a Night Cam without LED lens

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and I have a couple of questions about my future installation. (Sorry for my bad english).

I want to put one or two security cameras just for the night (maybe sometimes for midday) in a stable but I didn't found a camera without LEDs for the night. I don't want to disturb the horses with some LEDs.

My idea was to found a camera without LEDs and connect it to a computer (I think it's better over Ethernet, PoE) and using Securityspy on OS X.

It will be good if I can access also over the Internet and have movement detector.

It will be also great if I can program it the time of recording (6pm - 7am) ant shut it dow automatically.

If anyone have another idea, I'm ready to here it

I'm not an expert but as I can see in this forum some peoples are very good and hop that someone can help me

Thank you very much!

David

PS: The price max is 800$ - 900$

Just how dark IS it in this stable? There are day/night cameras that do very well in low light, but they do still need SOME light. Most cameras with LEDs are using infrared, not visible light, which shouldn't disturb the horses. I couldn't find any information on how sensitive horses are to infrared wavelengths, but you can get into longer-wavelength versions that get further outside the range of visible light. Depending on the area covered, it might work better to use a non-IR day/night camera or cameras, and separate IR illuminators to spread a more even illumination over a larger area.

Thank you for your answer.

The stable is completely dark. No light is in. So I think also that using infrared is good.

Mmm I will calculate tomorrow the area but it's not longer than 20m and not wider as 10m I think but tomorrow I will calculate it.

I don't know how sensitive horses are to infrared wavelengths but I will ask my veterinary tomorrow also.

Do you have already an idea about a camera?

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer.

The stable is completely dark. No light is in. So I think also that using infrared is good.

Mmm I will calculate tomorrow the area but it's not longer than 20m and not wider as 10m I think but tomorrow I will calculate it.

I don't know how sensitive horses are to infrared wavelengths but I will ask my veterinary tomorrow also.

Do you have already an idea about a camera?

Thanks!

we have had cameras in a stud stable for 3 years now with no problem at all with IR. bullet cameras are ideal for what you need. you are also asking for internet access .... do you have power at the stable and a network there or close to the stables. this is a good little camera for your needs.

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=427

you are also asking for internet access .... do you have power at the stable and a network there or close to the stables.

I get the idea he's already thought of this:

My idea was to found a camera without LEDs and connect it to a computer (I think it's better over Ethernet, PoE) and using Securityspy on OS X.

@tomcctv

your camera seems to be very good as you say. But I have a question. How can I record it? What's the better solution?

Connect it to a computer with the yellow, red and white cable or connect to a monitor and record it on a DVD-RW or something else..? And you say you didn't have any problem with the IR lens? It's not LED?

Do you have an vid example?

Can I purchase it online and ship it in switzerland?

Thanks!

@tomcctv

your camera seems to be very good as you say. But I have a question. How can I record it? What's the better solution?

Connect it to a computer with the yellow, red and white cable or connect to a monitor and record it on a DVD-RW or something else..? And you say you didn't have any problem with the IR lens? It's not LED?

Do you have an vid example?

Can I purchase it online and ship it in switzerland?

Thanks!

are you leaving the pc in the stable ??? you are going to need some sort of capture device in your pc or you will need a ip camera .... what do you intend the system to do. just watch or protect your stable

Norandy, the camera uses LEDs that emit infrared light, instead of visible (white or colored) light. The lens itself has nothing to do with the light used.

See the labeling here for an example:

56IRinfraredcamera-1.jpg

The downside with this type of design is that they tend to have a "spotlight" effect - illumination falls off to the edges of the frame, and as objects get closer to the camera, they start to get washed out in the image. It's really no different than shining a flashlight on the area, except it uses light that's just outside the range of human visibility.

Thank you soundy, I understand now

@tomcctv, Yes I think I will leave my PC (or Mac ^^) in the stable and the idea was just do watch if somethings happen during the night. And it will be great if I can see over the internet but I can use a VNC, it's not a problem. (I have Wifi in my stable).

For me the most important thing is recording and save it. So if somethings happen during the night, I can watch it the morning.

Thank you soundy, I understand now

@tomcctv, Yes I think I will leave my PC (or Mac ^^) in the stable and the idea was just do watch if somethings happen during the night. And it will be great if I can see over the internet but I can use a VNC, it's not a problem. (I have Wifi in my stable).

For me the most important thing is recording and save it. So if somethings happen during the night, I can watch it the morning.

for what it would cost to leave a pc and then install a capture card and software i would just use a 4 way dvr.

we used the avermedia EB3004 net with two cameras and 1 microphone. that gives you 30 days recording full internet viewing on any mobile

So this cam: KPC-N630 (http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=427) with avermedia EB3004 net (http://www.avermedia.com/averdigi/product/Detail.aspx?id=252) ?

It seems great and internet viewing Perfect.

Do you know where can I purchase those product? With international shipment?

@niran916. Your cam looks good also! But I think she's just in NTSC and it's not good to see on PAL TV?

http://www.cctvhotdeals.com/cctv-motion-activated-outdoor-security-digital-recorder-camera.html

If your worried about the horses being bothered by the IR then you can buy bullets that have invisible IR's that cannot be seen. You have to search around I do know speco makes a bullet with invisible IR unknown of model #. Someone else on the forum might be able to tell you the number on wavelenghth that makes them visible.

If your worried about the horses being bothered by the IR then you can buy bullets that have invisible IR's that cannot be seen. You have to search around I do know speco makes a bullet with invisible IR unknown of model #. Someone else on the forum might be able to tell you the number on wavelenghth that makes them visible.

There are wavelengths that can be more or less visible to he human eye.

For flooding such a large area, I don't think RayTec has much competition for invisible wavelengths...