shropna

Angry about lenses datasheets.

Format, focal length, "speed"....

So, where is "lines per millimeter"?

Very important parameter for small pixel pitch megapixel cameras....

Format, focal length, "speed"....

So, where is "lines per millimeter"?

Very important parameter for small pixel pitch megapixel cameras....

I feel your pain. Regarding speed, even that is often half ass. If they mention the aperture, it's generally only on the wide end. What's the point of building a varifocal lens if it's only going to be used on the wide end. C'mon. Tell us how the lens will perform at the long end, you know, just in case someone out there actually plans to use it at something other than wide angle.

Best,

Christopher

Edited by Guest

the google translator must have been working overtime on this one:

http://www.tamron.co.jp/en/data/cctv_ir/ir_series2.html

just hope they work better than they advertise them

I got 12 of them on the way!! Well 10x 3-8 F:1.0 and 2x 2.8-11 F:1.4

going on 10 CNB BBM-24F monalisas and 2 CNB BBB-34F Blue-i

do you have charts similar to the ones in your link? The only ones I have are on pages or backs of books, I'd like to find some larger charts to experiment with a little.

It looks like their ir lenses are actually cheaper than some of the others. Tamron isn't giving these things away.

13VG308ASIR-SQ

13VM2811ASIR

Let us know how these turn out, and if you think there's no reason to use them as a go-to box cam lens. I wouldn't mind switching if they're good in a wide range of situations.

Yeah those lenses arent cheap, especially the 2.8-11mm one.

But I remember what I used to pay several years back when I used Box cameras almost exclusively, and for non Day Night/IR lenses .. so its still kind of cheap. Havent used Box cameras in years now but need a better image than the Domes can give in this one case at least. Plus with the fstop of 1.0 hoping to see more at night, and the Aspherical lens .. hoping at least on a few of them to be wide open with less blurr on the edges - will see what happens. I figure it will be another 1-2 weeks before they arrive though, shipping takes a while to get here, unless I was to spend $800 fedex and that wasnt happening