protecvideo

PC Based DVR acting wierd

I just installed a PC Based DVR into a subshop. It is a four channel unit. I have three Pelco ICO 90 plugged in and the DVR starts acting up. Randomly the units individual camera shots will switch in and out with the picture of one of the other cameras installed.

Channel one will show channel number three's picture for a second and then will go back to normal. It's as though each cameras individual box will show another boxes picture for a split second.

Does this sound like a power / video / wiring problem?

I spoke to the manufacturer and he said it might be a BNC connection problem.

When I test the unit at the office I have no problem.

Any suggestions are greatky appreciated.Thanks

It sounds like video loss on certain channels, or just one causing all to trip out. That means it could be BNC, Power, or Cable issue, among others.

Using a CCTV Monitor/TV on the DVR end, test each camera individually, see which one causes the problem. If there are no issues there, then could be a DVR/PC issue.

I've had that happen a lot when I worked at Target. About once an hour (playback of recorded video) a frame from a different camera flashes in from nowhere. Never understood why, and at how little it happened, I never bothered to look into it.

First off let me say thanks for all the responses. Gives motivation.

The DVR is a from All Digtal Security out of Gardena CA. www.adsdvr.com

I tested the DVR on my house cameras over night and it was running smooth aagin. I went back and plugged it into the sub shop cameras and it started acting up right away. Haven't had a single issue out of about 50 units until now.

I set the frame rate 2 frames per second and on a low resolution... nothing

changed out 3 piece BNC's on both ends.... nothing

I unhooked all the installed cameras. I hooked up two seperate cameras with 2ft of rg59 right to the DVR. No problem. I then plugged in the dome camera that was previously installed in the back room and boom it starts acting up. I moved the camera away from the floursent lighting as well as lifting all the wire off the t-bars on the ceiling. Finally the back camera works.

I then plug in either of the cameras from the front dining area of the store it starts acting up. There is alot lighting up there as well as ceiling fans and I'm thinking there is something up in the false ceiling that is causing this probem. Too much noise interference maybe?

I am going back tomorrow to try and run the wires int he dining area a completely different route against the side of the walls up above the false ceiling.

If that doesn't work i might just tie a knot with the wire and tip the ladder.

Use bridal rings when you run the wires, especially when pulling cable across a drop ceiling with all those sharp edges in the ceiling grid.

Have you checked the power supply at the location?

Yes I also changed out the four channel pelco power supply too.

I went back and inspected all the wire. Thinking about running new wire since it is only about 25ft. Thanks