dave c

Covert/pinhole cameras - outdoor?

There is soooo much junk on ebay, I won't even go there unless I know what I am looking for (and there is still the risk is it fake). What I am looking for is a camera I can incorporate into an outdoor mount on a light pole or stone/brick "monument" acting as a light pole. I can create a pretty decent protected zone inside so the only thing that would be exposed would be the lens, so I am looking for something that can handle that sort of exposure and is decent. Most searches I do end up with a lot of ebay junk, and I don't see much from the big CCTV camera outfits.

Does anyone have suggestions for sources of GOOD quality cameras that are small enough to hide? I'm willing to go to some effort to do the hiding, so it doesn't need to be Mission Impossible, but I'm more concerned with finding quality in a small package. I could go IP or analog. MP would be a plus, but I'm not optimistic that can be found in this package.

Thanks for your time!

-Dave

Hello Dave

What sort of lighting conditions do you need the camera to operate in?

What sort of subject area (size-wise) are you looking to cover?

Happy to run a cable back to your recording device?

There is soooo much junk on ebay, I won't even go there unless I know what I am looking for (and there is still the risk is it fake). What I am looking for is a camera I can incorporate into an outdoor mount on a light pole or stone/brick "monument" acting as a light pole. I can create a pretty decent protected zone inside so the only thing that would be exposed would be the lens, so I am looking for something that can handle that sort of exposure and is decent. Most searches I do end up with a lot of ebay junk, and I don't see much from the big CCTV camera outfits.

Does anyone have suggestions for sources of GOOD quality cameras that are small enough to hide? I'm willing to go to some effort to do the hiding, so it doesn't need to be Mission Impossible, but I'm more concerned with finding quality in a small package. I could go IP or analog. MP would be a plus, but I'm not optimistic that can be found in this package.

Thanks for your time!

-Dave

axis do a good little covert camera set-up AXIS M7001 Covert Surveillance Kit

axis_ph_m7001_2-1.jpg

Hello Dave

What sort of lighting conditions do you need the camera to operate in?

What sort of subject area (size-wise) are you looking to cover?

Happy to run a cable back to your recording device?

Good questions - I didn't think to describe this. This is still in planning stages for a new house site, so I can pretty much do "anything" at this point, but not all of the details are fixed yet. It is the driveway entry from the street, so the choke point is about 15' wide, and it could be anywhere from 10-60' range, depending on how it all gets set up. There is no street lighting, so the only night lighting would be from the light post(s) that will probably be on either side of the driveway, which could include IR also, if it helps. It would be daylight and nighttime operation, and I would be looking to get car models, license plates, faces, etc. I realize this will likely require more than one camera at this location. I want at least one of them to be not obvious.

Thanks, guys, for the other links. The Mobotix looks really pricey, but I guess that's expected in a specialty area like covert MP, and I know they are high-end anyways. Marshall looks like a good source, and the Axis looks interesting too. Looks like a good start.

Thanks!

Dave

For Mini covert cameras, check out the KT&C line. They have one for every occasion

For night apps, check out their Exview 600TVL BW ..

just tested 3 of their BWs in a dark nightclub .. although we are ending up with Exview 420TVL for ultimate low light ..the 600TVL Exviews outperformed the standard 420TVL (non exview). This is ofcourse with no IR, they basically see in such a dark environment that our own eyes cannot see what they did. We are using their mini Waterproof bullets though, but basically same cameras as the board models. They have a range of lens options also.