Jeffrey

Need to get video feed from two cameras across paved parking

I'm adding a few more cameras to fill out my 8 channel dvr. Two that I'm adding is across a paved parking lot that I can not get video cable to. What is my best option? Wireless Transmitter?

For one of the two, it is possible to run a cable around the end to that corner, but I only have one cable to get there? Could I integrate two Cameras into one cable?

I've attached a paint drawing of my situation. Thanks in advance for your help!

**Between Cam1 & Cam 2 the parking lot ends and is gravel, so I can run cable thru conduit in a ditch if possible.

camlayout.JPG.d5aef282f048360a09c2d552034d8d02.JPG

You could run up to four video feeds over a single piece of Cat5/Cat6 cable... although you'd need to get power to them as well. Depending on the cameras and their power requirements, you may be able to pull a single Cat5/Cat6 run to the first camera, and use one pair each for the two cameras' video, and the other two pairs for power. If the power needs are low enough (no IR!) and the cameras support 24VAC, with the relatively short distance involved, the two remaining pairs should be sufficient for powering both cameras.

The spare is a Coax Siamese cable with power/ground/video

You could run up to four video feeds over a single piece of Cat5/Cat6 cable... although you'd need to get power to them as well. Depending on the cameras and their power requirements, you may be able to pull a single Cat5/Cat6 run to the first camera, and use one pair each for the two cameras' video, and the other two pairs for power. If the power needs are low enough (no IR!) and the cameras support 24VAC, with the relatively short distance involved, the two remaining pairs should be sufficient for powering both cameras.

There are two exterior light poles I'm attaching them to the side of. Obviously there is power there but I was hoping to power from the power supply box on the backup battery where the DVR is.

The Cameras are a 12v ea, IR Camera in a housing.

Could use a Foresight VDS2500 to run 2 video's over one coax and use the 18/2 to power both if you have enough current

Could use a Foresight VDS2500 to run 2 video's over one coax and use the 18/2 to power both if you have enough current

Will this be my best option you think?

i use the VDS2500 alot. it is also your cheapest option. by the time you have bought coax / power cable/ power supply.

the VDS2500 comes with its own power supply to run two 12v cameras at a range of upto 1300ft. you will only need to use your coax you have as power and both videos are transmited down the one coax. plus you will also have data that can be used to switch lights or detect motion alarms.

i use the VDS2500 alot. it is also your cheapest option. by the time you have bought coax / power cable/ power supply.

the VDS2500 comes with its own power supply to run two 12v cameras at a range of upto 1300ft. you will only need to use your coax you have as power and both videos are transmited down the one coax. plus you will also have data that can be used to switch lights or detect motion alarms.

Where can I buy this?

I ordered the Forsight product. I began running the cabling last night. Now, waiting to get a trencher for my ditches and get my conduit installed. Should have it going By middle of next week..

Thanks everyone for your help!

Well, I've got one working. I'm not sure if a coaxial got broke when I pulled it, or I messed up a compression connector, or a bad camera.. Either way, it's going to be a pain to test/debug. I now have my labor day planned out.