koolmer

Small IP system for business

Hi Everybody,

My brothers company got robbed yesterday. It's only 1 room. He will install a simple wireless burglar system that sends him an SMS or gives a call to him.

Additionally he needs 1 cameras that he can access with his iPhone. It's dark in the night, so IR is needed. It should be an IP camera with VGA resolution that he can setup himself to work on his iPhone.

koolmer

Edited by Guest

If you only want VGA resolution I would use a DVR and analog cameras.

Too complex. He doesn't want an additional device. Either the iPhone accesses the camera directly or a simple NVR does the job of sending it to the phone. It's only going to be 1 camera.

If you only want VGA resolution I would use a DVR and analog cameras.

Too complex. He doesn't want an additional device. Either the iPhone accesses the camera directly or a simple NVR does the job of sending it to the phone. It's only going to be 1 camera.

hi. a dvr is just as complex to set as 1 camera.... your idea of just using 1 camera does have problems. first recording (you need recording) ok your going to use an alarm system to send you a sms. then you are going to log in with your iphone to watch what is happening. what you will see is nothing. you are forgetting about time delay.

90 secs for your sms. then you have to switch off your alarm via phone ........ if you dont as you are connecting to your camera via your iphone you can guarantee another sms will come and your iphone will go back to the message screen. you could be looking at 10 minutes from alert to iphone footage.

dvr. you can have images direct to your phone ... and you have the footage if the dvr is hidden well

Take a look at Y-cam, they have a small budget internal IP VGA camera with IR night vision and SD card slot for recording, it can send an email on motion detection with scheduling so the motion only works after you have gone home - Works on PC or Mac and is Smart phone copmpatible - you just need a little knowledge on Static IP's / Port forwarding.

http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-knight-sd

No - it's not my Company !!!

hi. a dvr is just as complex to set as 1 camera.... your idea of just using 1 camera does have problems. first recording (you need recording) ok your going to use an alarm system to send you a sms. then you are going to log in with your iphone to watch what is happening. what you will see is nothing. you are forgetting about time delay.

90 secs for your sms. then you have to switch off your alarm via phone ........ if you dont as you are connecting to your camera via your iphone you can guarantee another sms will come and your iphone will go back to the message screen. you could be looking at 10 minutes from alert to iphone footage.

dvr. you can have images direct to your phone ... and you have the footage if the dvr is hidden well

Hmm - I see your point. Ok, he needs recording. But still a DVR is another additional device and I would prefer IP. One of the computers could act as NVR. I was planning to use "Total Control" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAtvTCjPXI to directly access an IP camera.

Take a look at Y-cam, they have a small budget internal IP VGA camera with IR night vision and SD card slot for recording, it can send an email on motion detection with scheduling so the motion only works after you have gone home - Works on PC or Mac and is Smart phone copmpatible - you just need a little knowledge on Static IP's / Port forwarding.

http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-knight-sd

No - it's not my Company !!!

Sounds very interesting - I will take a look!