Sanra

Hardware compresion???

Recently I installed gv800. Everything is working fine except: sometimes some of the camera is not recorded (can’t recognize time pattern), from card itself is coming noise similar to hand digital watch alarm (Is that normal).

Are geovision cards using hardware or software compression?

Thanks for suggestions!

Is it beeping like a alarm? If so go to the system preference and click on the camera settings and activate the cameras.

Camera are activated,they are recording. Everything is fine exept that noise(alarm clock like)??

you mean a on and off very quiet digital noise? I thought that was the new motherboard I put it .. like some heat tracking thing, I dont see how the card can be doing that ...?

Video Loss Alarm for cameras you enabled in the settings but don't actually have connected perhaps?

We are still testing the Avermedia card with hardware compression & it is stable. Have had a few issues with remote control setting up but Avers in Taiwan seem to have cracked that now.

Still can't get 2 way sound however (Avers trying their best to get it working).

Have a few concerns that Avers keep blaming our router for the glitches, we have run many systems using our network with no problems. Tried to explain to them that it needs to work on our customers networks that we can't change loads of settings on.

I gots one question, if all these guys are "mostly" from Taiwan, why dont they all write the same features into their DVR Software?? Dont they even try their competition's products ....!!???

BTW like Rory, I can't understand why these guys don't look at each others systems & pick the best parts out.

They all have + and - features

Because reverse engineering has to be done carefully. Do it right and it's legal. Do it wrong and it's very expensive.

why they all just dont buy each other out like they do in the US like Bosch, GE, and Honeywell Cant they all just get along .. ;-(

ps. speaking of tird wurld (or were we?!) my power just came back on from last night ....darn!