• I only use their Intrusion equipment
    • The equipment is excellently priced
    • The equipment is over priced
    • We like their DVR Products
    • We only like their cameras
    • Thier equipment is inferior
    • Their equipment is superior
    • I would use it a lot more if it was cheaper

I agree about hardware motion being more accurate but, softwrae motion detection on a DVR is different to that on a camera as you are only doing a Time Lapse motion detection and not detcting very frame, therefore it is much more prone to alarm as shifts can occur between interlacing of frames.

Interested about interference rejection because cant see how such thin, unshielded cable could not be subject to interference, that seems impossible to me, perhaps it filters it.

I can say that the Dynamic Noise Reduction in the XF is awesome, it only sneds the fields that had least noise if no change in the picture, this means no nonsensical recordings generated just from noise at night time, and the adjustable gain, through Bilinx is great, i mena lets face it, who sticks around till 1am to find out if noise triggers recordings, much easier to come in next day, but even easier when you dont have open the housing to make the adjustment..

Look not everyone sets cameras up this well, I would even say that most people don't even back focus, not to mention have no idea of T Factors or F stops and not everyone makes many adjustments and they just accept the way things are.. but Bosch clients tend to be very proffesional and thats why they get more for their jobs and it is why they get bigger contracts... hay in your kneck of the woods, I would never use Bosch as most wont afford it, but there are people that do corner stores and there are people that do Stadiums and Railway Networks or Military etc etc.

I would like to know more about this NVT active.. can you post some links Rory

www.NVT.com

I use strictly Extreme CCTV cameras now, so they have to be able to afford it when they hire me, i take alot of time on my cameras But then im rare .. and I charge for it.

You're right though, most people, that includes Bosch Installers (i know of some down here), dont spend much time on the cameras or even the DVR, most of the time they just stick it in and hope it works good without any kind of proper set up. I also dont use GE anymore by the way, in fact all i use is Extreme and WizKid, got tired of box cameras, and bullet cameras, all domes now, or the all in one EX14 or EX27s with MX or CX technology for some applications. But then we have alot of crime so vandal domes are much better for applications down here. from what I can tell Bosch doesnt have any vandal domes, at least not from their web site?

Problem is, when you stick to one brand for CCTV, you are limited, I cant do that to my clients because of the applications. If I were installing simple installs like bank cameras, no big deal..

I still sell the GE hidden cameras as there is no other brand that can touch those (been looking but no luck) ... as for PTZ its Pelco or GE ..

Rory

In general terms, Bosch manufacture premium products for sale at premium prices!

Philips / Bosch clients tend to be very loyal, simply because they don't have to worry about whether the products are up to the job.

For a company that occupies their market position, they don't need to slash prices to compete with far eastern junk, when they can compete on another level.

That said, whether they continue with this strategy longterm remains to be seen. If in the future they do decide to go more mainstream with competitive pricing on perhaps a second level product range, I for one would not be at all surprised.

In general terms, Bosch manufacture premium products for sale at premium prices!

Philips / Bosch clients tend to be very loyal, simply because they don't have to worry about whether the products are up to the job.

For a company that occupies their market position, they don't need to slash prices to compete with far eastern junk, when they can compete on another level.

That said, whether they continue with this strategy longterm remains to be seen. If in the future they do decide to go more mainstream with competitive pricing on perhaps a second level product range, I for one would not be at all surprised.

did i mention im switching out a desa for a dvmre-ct.. .. so ill have a desa online soon for yall to play with

Rory,

You should try Bosch latest DIBOS series, which actually will arrive to U.S. any moment now... This series comes with built in MPEG4 compression and very features rich (POS, etc.) and very price competitive... This series DVRs were used by many prime banks in Europe...

Levon

dont have the $$ to "try" something that pricey, with GE im guaranteed ..

besides im not a huge phillips fan from the burle days ..

thanks

Rory

Rory,

I think you just came up with an excellent slogan for GE advertising group

"with GE im guaranteed"

This is good man...

I dont think Desa is a TRUE bosch product, some Bosch offices can name other products as Bosch, we try not to do that in our area!

Divar

DVR1C

DVR4C

DIBOS8 are the only DVR's that I know that are made directly by Bosch.

Regards,

GC

Okay

It says Bosch on it though, and DESA something .. (maybe phillips .. the locksmith that installed it only sells bosch/phillips)..? I thought that was what you had mentioned before, but now that I saw the other posts I think it was the Dibos, that you said were the bomb I did query why they wanted to switch out one of the best DVRs on the market ... anyway it came down to wanting something that took up less space. and didnt require a Keyboard or mouse ... wasnt my client just was shown what they wanted me to do ... anyway havent switched it yet ..

Its a PC DVR by the way ... looks okay and has TV out .. will see what its like when we get our hands on it

hi

i like the spec on bosh nite/day 0620 camera

how can i get one asap to test/eval/buy

need better nite/day camera that old sony 314 bw

car thief try to steeal my car this nite

http://www.houstoncomputer.com/~dusan/av/gv/car-thief/Event20050628052005003.avi

recoded on gv800 at 10fps 640x240 compresion set lev2 mpeg4

light is 60w bulb on a corner

have 3 videos as car on street deliver car thief and me responding after

"need to have bidirectional sound option" as you can see from this video i yell on the criminal and he politly left my car

so moral of this story is you need instant alarm and instant responce

if only a sound that you are watching and responding helps prevent

crime

my car was lock and alarm was on

and it did not help

dusan

The 620 is an exceptional camera, but fairly overkill for most applications, it does have a true removable IR Cut filter... for those that don't know..and no I am not babying anyone.. just some might not understand..mind you I am no camera expert.

All standard coour cameras have an IR filter, you may have seen a CCD with a green film look to it, well this is it... This blocks out the IR light that is output by the Sun so that a normal picture can be seen during day, but at night it blocks some IR light that exists, by removing this filter mechanicaly, you can get more light onto the sensor and you can use IR lighting equipment with greater effect.

The 620 is 1/2 inch and therefore a much bigger sensor and therfore can recieve more light on it's surface, it costs bocoo amount to make 1/2 inch compared to 1/3 inch but the results are better, but unless you have a very dark scene with little reflectance it really isnt warranted, but if you do use one, be sure to use a IR corrected lens.

my car was lock and alarm was on

and it did not help

Looks to me like your security measures worked well. You thwarted the theft. Looks like you responded fast. Maybe a perimeter alarm and motion activated lights would have kept him from reaching your car?

If you are wanting to ID the bad guys then it looks to me like you need a tighter shot of the vehicle for starters. I mean, his face is only a few pixels wide. Can you install a camera on that balcony type structure behind the car? That looks like it would be a good shot of people coming up the driveway.

The 620 is an exceptional camera, but fairly overkill for most applications, it does have a true removable IR Cut filter... for those that don't know..and no I am not babying anyone.. just some might not understand..mind you I am no camera expert.

All standard coour cameras have an IR filter, you may have seen a CCD with a green film look to it, well this is it... This blocks out the IR light that is output by the Sun so that a normal picture can be seen during day, but at night it blocks some IR light that exists, by removing this filter mechanicaly, you can get more light onto the sensor and you can use IR lighting equipment with greater effect.

The 620 is 1/2 inch and therefore a much bigger sensor and therfore can recieve more light on it's surface, it costs bocoo amount to make 1/2 inch compared to 1/3 inch but the results are better, but unless you have a very dark scene with little reflectance it really isnt warranted, but if you do use one, be sure to use a IR corrected lens.

hi

can it do better than my sony 314 bw that is use for my car-thief video , its 640x240 so i use videodub to play the 10fsp file and scale to 4:3 , stupid geovision do not have public player that i can find

so far i seen bosh 0620 for ~$515

line me up link for good price for bosh 0620 and i get one to put up

when i get it in and compare how good it is

have 4mm F0.75 lens in a closet and 8-48 pentax 1/2" F1.0

i have a sony block that have a mechanical cliking ir filter so i know how it works

need to line up good price for new gv 1120 or 1240 card

to replace old gv800

need to get that better / standard 720x480 resolution and sound

bosh need to respond to needs of times "bidirectional sound"

and better low light and brite sun video resolution

email any info and price

thank you

dusan

i have never tried the Sony so I can not comment at all on it, only to say the 620 won a lot of shootouts and awards and in my opinion is the best camera I have ever seen.

as for 2 way audio, well VCS does this (a bosch product) it is a little module that can stream MPEG2 and obviously Audio inside that stream, quite impressive, but yes I do fullay agree we should have it built into our DVR's by now

i have never tried the Sony so I can not comment at all on it, only to say the 620 won a lot of shootouts and awards and in my opinion is the best camera I have ever seen.

as for 2 way audio, well VCS does this (a bosch product) it is a little module that can stream MPEG2 and obviously Audio inside that stream, quite impressive, but yes I do fullay agree we should have it built into our DVR's by now

hi

from specs it looks like a very good camera to build best camera

best part is the coax setup / update multiplex

can you send email to bosh and order for next model to have bidirectional audio 3-5w amp spk out and compresor/eq mic amp , multiplex on same coax and if power can be add that to ,1 wire to camera solution and work on the price a litle

and bosh will have a best camera to fight new crimewave of the future from a pda

now that you are part of bosh team they will respond to you

dusan

can you send email to bosh and order for next model to have bidirectional audio 3-5w amp spk out and compresor/eq mic amp , multiplex on same coax and if power can be add that to ,1 wire to camera solution and work on the price a litle

Actually rory, thats what they are working on now, the XF features in a dome camera, our domes already are IP66 rated and take 120pounds of pressure, so they are already vandal, but at present they only have some of the XF features in the dome, like Night Sense etc.

I believe they will release this fairly shortly, then you get all these features and dome ability.

where are those domes, i only see indoor domes on the site ... i dont mean PTZ by the way..

Rory

Yeah Ive seen that but I can cant wall mount it directly on the wall. Thats why I sell strictly Extreme & WizKid now .. a dome for any application

All Extreme and WizKId Domes have built in voltage regulators also .. which is basically what we need down here ...

Maybe, but the WizKid domes are designed specifically for that. Not to mention the unsurpassed tech support i get down here, from extreme up in Canada .. besides my new DVR supplier, I have never seen any other company with the support they give ..

Ummmmmm Rory, you havent said why you cant mount it on the wall, I am betting the XT dome is actually more suited than the wizkid dome for this, it has a rubber mount, is spring loaded, comes with wall mount and even conduit adaptor and can 360 swivel and flush mount so i don't understand your statement of how the wizkid dome is better suited for it... not saying it isn't just want to know how it is better suited

Well to start with that XT dome is not designed the shape of a wall mounted dome. Example on non wall mountable domes would be Sanyo, Panasonic, etc. Wall Mountable Domes would be GE, Nuvico, and WizKid. In other words you dont want something that "sticks" out or stands out, we are using these are truck weigh stations, gate entries, etc. And they HAVE to look good, which I mean you have to admit, that Xt dome has gotta be the ugliest dome ive seen yet ..

WizKid Domes are the easiest to install of any dome camera I have tested yet. Their 360 degree gimble is simple to use and quick. Built in Voltage Regulator, 5 year unbreakable guarantee, and more ...

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/press/uploads/Spyder-Rugged-Eye.pdf