antdickens

Multiple monitors again!!!!!

Hi guys

Having massive problems with using additional screens on a geo system.

I have 1 local screen and 2 remote screens.

Of the remote screens 1 is 10m away and the other 20m away. Al screens are 17" Xerox TFT screens.

I am trying to duplicate the output from the vga card onto all screens at 1280*1024 res.

I have tried using cat5 extenders but poor quality image and flcikers. Also intemittently interfered with phone.

I then tried a 1 - 5 vga amp and ditributor. Again very poor image, bought some very expensive vga cables and no improvement.

What can i try next. Is my only way to get the DSP card and buy new screens with composite in???

All help greatly appreciated.

What cable did you use for the Cat5 extenders. Try using Shielded Twisted pair and connect the shield to the Dsub screw so they share a common ground. This should eliminate the inteference and you should get a higher quality image. Also what Cat5 extenders are you using? You might want to go for more expensive ones such as minicom. Either way, i wouldnt want to run bulky VGA cables, that can be a real pain especially when you're running more than one.

I reccommend swithching to a scanconverter out of the computer I have had this same problem with several sites and for 70-80 dollars you just use the scan converter and it eliminates trying to get the tv out on the video cards to work right. I put a couple of low end converters in froM PI MFG and they have worked for 2 years now with no problems. if necessary for very long runs you can use an amp but I have a couple of remote monitors about 350 feet away and they work fine Using rg6 quad cable