bpzle

What the???

That is a Pelco box camera housing, over 2 feet long... and it's checkin' out a back door of a fast food place...

What the hell is in that thing??

wthcam.jpg.3ea0c45ff584d84e5b86aeb0b55ed91d.jpg

That's crazy! That support must be holding 50+ pounds?

I'd bet it's one of those real old cameras - the 'tube' kind. Maybe with direct 120V wire & a transformer in there!!

Maybe its not a fast food joint, but an enterance to a super secret Government bunker...

and its not a CCTV camera... its a Laser

If that's the Pelco EH5700 series enclosure, they weigh somewhere between 13-18 pounds, plus the arm & whatever the heck they've got in that enclosure.

Looks like they're trying to overcompensate for something....

Kind of like the camera version of the middle age guy with the Trans-Am and the comb-over, maybe?

We have received some of those in the past and they just have an old school B/W camera in them. Not sure why they have such a gigantic housing though.

They have them here to all over our local county court house. Time to upgrade.

i put CNB Box cameras in regular housings and they have almost a whole camera length still at the rear of it .. maybe that one is NUKE proof?

I have always wondered why they make such large housings for. Even the bigger box cameras do not fill up the housing. I have seen some Pelco housings at a quick trip that were about half the size of a normal housing that looked great. I am not sure why that design never took on more with other manufacturers.