rory

Anyone got overlay with DMMultiview & Remote viewlog on Win7

2 machines i installed both 8.33 and 8.4 DMMultiview and Remote viewlog on, both Win7, the video is blocked and in both cases the borders flicker, overall the quality is also awful and no quality settings make a difference. No issues on any XP machine. No issues viewing remote video from a cheap stand alone DVR on these Win7 machines, this is only happening with the Geo software. No diff if run in XP compatibility mode.

Any ideas?

Not quite sure I understand what your asking but I can say that I am not having a quality issue with windows 7 using multiview. Both the DVR and remotes are on windows 7.

In the webcam server section on the dvr, I changed the setting to "large" picture. It's defaulted to small. That made a huge difference.

Basically on 2 Win 7 PCs using Multiview the image has no overlay, its all boxed, flickers, etc, and its coming from 4 different Geo PC DVRs so I know its not them. None of the same issues from WinXP PCs at the same location. Ive tried it on large but it makes no difference. Maybe its just a video card issue on these specific Win7 PCs? One is a small IBM laptop, the other is a mini Dell, obviously with onboard video, didnt get the chipset type but I can check on Monday.

rory if I had to guess I would say its either the drivers for the video card or the card itself. I also don't have those issues on my Win 7 machine.

Basically on 2 Win 7 PCs using Multiview the image has no overlay, its all boxed, flickers, etc, and its coming from 4 different Geo PC DVRs so I know its not them. None of the same issues from WinXP PCs at the same location. Ive tried it on large but it makes no difference. Maybe its just a video card issue on these specific Win7 PCs? One is a small IBM laptop, the other is a mini Dell, obviously with onboard video, didnt get the chipset type but I can check on Monday.

Thing is, using another DVR's software to view other cameras remotely, on the same Win7 machines .. no problem at all .. so it is definitely a Geovision issue with these particular PCs .. just tying to figure out what so I can fix it. Im not given any real time on the PCs as they are always using them when they are open and got a billion other things on them.

One thing to note though which might make a difference is they both are using dual monitors, 3 monitors to be exact.