Sign in to follow this  
mickflan

Macro-video

Hi All,

Hope you can help in some way.

My problem is i bought some cameras a few years ago and the dvr card has died, the cameras are not branded but still work reasonably well. i have recently purchased a NV930X 12fps 8 channel 4 channel audio DVr card.

I bought this because it was one of the only ones that was win 7 compatable. I installed the drivers last night and now it has knocked out my firewall and my internet connection i did a scan on the drivers and it said it was clean done all my security scan and no viruses so i can only imagine it has cahed some settings.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks mick

Hi All,

Hope you can help in some way.

My problem is i bought some cameras a few years ago and the dvr card has died, the cameras are not branded but still work reasonably well. i have recently purchased a NV930X 12fps 8 channel 4 channel audio DVr card.

I bought this because it was one of the only ones that was win 7 compatable. I installed the drivers last night and now it has knocked out my firewall and my internet connection i did a scan on the drivers and it said it was clean done all my security scan and no viruses so i can only imagine it has cahed some settings.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks mick

i would remove the card and then just do a system restore. looking at the card specs. i cant find one that says its win7. were did you get the card.

Tomcctv,

Thanks for your reply. I bought from a electrical company online DHWELECTRONICS.COM here are the write up :CCTV CAMERA Security Card

Product Features

DirectDrwa video preview technology, H.264/MPEG. video compression algorithm

Support Smart mobile phone monitoring, including sending color photos when it is alarming (The mobile phone must support multimedia message). Real-time image monitoring.

Support IE browser and client software, and support the CMS software.

Single chipset supports for 4 channel video, 2channel audio. Single system supports to 32 channel video.

Real-time preview resolution maximum supports to the D1:PAL: 704*576 (D1) NTSC: 704*480 (D1),

Recording resolution CIF: PAL: 352*288(CIF) NTSC: 320*240 (CIF)

Be compatible with most Motherboard and graphic card, the compatibility is excellent. For example: the Intel 845, 848, 945, G31, P45 motherboard, the AMD and VIA Motherboard.

Network setup is very convenient, and it has the VNN / DDNS function. Don??t need to open the ports from Router for WAN.

Videos occupy smaller space, 40-180MB on average, and with good video quality. Simultaneously video and audio.

Adopt advanced digital image processing technology chips MV9200. 10-bit ADC with 4H comb filter. So the picture is clear and the color is true. The card has very low power consumption, no noise point.

Support motion detection, and support high-speed camera's preset and linkage alarm.

It adopts MV9200 chips to digitizing the analog video signals. It will be stored in the hard disk after real-time compressing and coding, or through the transmission of computer networks to achieve data sharing. The system can also handle video signal 1-32channels. It is widely used in the field of banking, electricity, telecommunications, water conservancy, intelligent building, home, office ,supermarket, store, and packing lot etc.

Operating language: English, Spanish, Simplified "inese, Traditional Chinese(Big5).

Product Specification

Video Input: 8 channels/card

Audio Input: 4 channel/card

Display Rate: 240 fps (NTSC) 200 fps (PAL)

Recording Rate: 240 fps (NTSC) 200 fps (PAL)

Compression Format: H.264/MPEG

Compression Spaces Rate: 40--180M/h/ch

System Support: 32channels/4cards

Alarm Function: 8ch input, output/card

Alarm Record: Yes

PTZ Control: Yes

Operating System Support: Win2000/XP/VISTA 32 bit/Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

System requirements

Celeron D 2.66GHZ or higher

256MB System Memory or higher

ATI 64MB VGA Card or higher

Motherboard: Intel 915,945 or G series

Microsoft® Windows XP/VISTA/WIN 7/2000/2003 Professional Operating system

Microsoft® Direct9.0

Related Products

Well looks like i have got to re-format my computer, the NV930X V9 software wont run in the background does anyone have any suggestions what software can be used with this card that will run in the background .. Mick

As you found out with cheap DVR cards you pays your money and you take your chances. Your NV9200 chip is nothing i recognize either. Your only possibility is go to the manufactures site and see if they have updated software.

http://www.macro-video.com/en/download.asp

Notice that the mfg only states up to win XP and the people that sold it to you promise Win 7. With that said if that were my card i would just toss it in the dumpster. Look at the specs of card

Recording resolution CIF: PAL: 352*288(CIF) NTSC: 320*240 (CIF)

That is terrible.

Also, DVR cards require there own dedicated computer to run reliably, you are shooting yourself in the foot by trying to run it in the background.

My advise, either give up or start over.