vavdagic

Geovision gv-800 help!

and...

i have tried everything to get this card to work, installed on 64bit win7 installed on 32bit win7 installed on xp, installed on other machine... and i have never get picture from it. i have blue cables that says 9-18ch on it i don't have black ones that says 1-8ch. i even have tryed 3 or for versions of software starting from newest version down... i am getting desperate, i don't know what to do.

are you shore that this card was working ok, and did you try it ever? when i am installing it i always get some error when it gets to the part when it installs IP camera drivers, and i click ok and it gets on with installation. than when i start application i only get some random blinking black screens and signal lost...i don't know what to do

please help!

one is for an 8 channel card, the other for the 16 channel card, they come default even if it doesnt have all the chips on the cards.

As for it not working, did you buy it from a legit dealer?

Are you saying you dont have the 1-8 channel but do have the 9-16 channel cable?

Did you buy an 8 or 16 channel card? Either way it should have the 1-8 channel pigtail.

i have bought it from e-bay from seller that claimed that card was legit. it has hologram stamp and it says made in taiwan. it is v3.53 card as i recall and i don't know how much channels it has, software tells me it has 8. and yes i have only 9-16 pigtail cable that i bought separately from other seller because this one wasn't selling cables with the card, and i tryed that cable on the blue and black side of the card but nothing.

this is it

28KGrHqUOKkEE1wLFjH228BNjipLt1pQ_12JPG-1.jpg

Either its 2nd hand and they didnt send you the cables, you need to get them to send you the one for that card and for channel 1-8 or buy it separately but it must be for that Geovision card (not from another DVR card), without that its useless.

OR, its a clone or stolen.

Geovision doesnt warranty any cards purchased over Ebay by the way, pretty much 99.99% of Geo cards on Ebay are illegal copies.

it is used card. i bought used card hoping its original, and not new that will turn up to be fake.

Do you think cables are solution to my problem? I have tryed blue ones on black ones spot but it doesnt work, and some cameras start to blink black screen and than no signal again.

buy it separately but it must be for that Geovision card (not from another DVR card), without that its useless

Just cat tails aren't they? Why would they need to be GV specific? All you'd need to do would be to make sure they're either DSUB or DVI surely?

buy it separately but it must be for that Geovision card (not from another DVR card), without that its useless

Just cat tails aren't they? Why would they need to be GV specific? All you'd need to do would be to make sure they're either DSUB or DVI surely?

Nope tried other pigtails from other DVRs on Geo and on another DVR card another time, didnt work. I guess they wire them up differently inside.

With Geo even tried to extend the pigtails one time with a VGA cable and that didnt work - however did that to a linux stand alone DVR which came with pigtails and that one did work.

Nope tried other pigtails from other DVRs on Geo and on another DVR card another time, didnt work. I guess they wire them up differently inside.

With Geo even tried to extend the pigtails one time with a VGA cable and that didnt work - however did that to a linux stand alone DVR which came with pigtails and that one did work.

Maybe I just have too many spare GV cattails lying around.

Maybe I just have too many spare GV cattails lying around.

Im sure some might, just the ones I used didnt .. surely others wire them up the same .. so many different DVRs out there

Do you think cables are solution to my problem? I have tryed blue ones on black ones spot but it doesnt work, and some cameras start to blink black screen and than no signal again.

rory are you shore that i cant get any kind of picture with blue pigtail cable on blacks place? i just wont to know is it cables fault or there's some other problem that i don't know. thanks for your trouble

if memory serves me correct .. and not saying it does

not unless you have a 16 channel DVR card (or any geo 9+ channel card)

But try this, with the 9-16 blue pigtail on the black input, switch the camera from one to the next BNC input while geo is already loaded. If it sees any video it will come up (no need to restart geo). If it still doesnt, redo each BNC input again but then each time restart Geo just to be sure.

Also make sure the video signals are good, not too far or weak, if so then Geo may not pick up the signal, even if you see it direct to a monitor.

I dont have a geo here to 100% verify reversing the cables, but I could check at a clients location tomorrow or the next day when I have to go down and check the DVR anyway for other reasons.

ok rory thanks, i will try that. if you remember too look at that at your client that would be great.

do you have that black cable to sell me, i would buy it if its needed

i have tryed every channel with blue cable and nothing. i have never seen picture form cameras...

please try that rory and let me know, you are going to save me money and time

can any gv-800 owner do a test for me and try to connect blue cable in the place where black cable goes and see if its going to show any image? i have only blue cable and i cant get image of it, so i was wondering if it is cables fault or cards fault? thanks!

can any gv-800 owner do a test for me and try to connect blue cable in the place where black cable goes and see if its going to show any image? i have only blue cable and i cant get image of it, so i was wondering if it is cables fault or cards fault? thanks!

hi. you have a geo 8 way card. (looking at the chip set in your picture) so you can only use the black lead kit. the black has 8 cameras and 4 audio the blue only has 8 video .. so cant be used in the top slot.

DVRCable2a-1.jpg

so, are you shore that is my problem, and nothing else? i have managed one time to get picture from blue cable, and it was static image black and white with all cameras connected mixed together in one image. did that happend because of cable or something is wrong with the card? thanks!

I'm going to do pin out tests on some diff Geo tails and post the results.

These questions are easily answered/solved for future.

I am quite sure that Geo cards are pinned out differently on each series, to keep business close.

I have a Geo 1480 / 1240 and 650 cards I can try, i'm 99% the 1240-16 and the 1480-16 are swappable.

Vavdagic -

The best way to find out is to get the correct tail and test the card with known working inputs.

No one on here can tell you if the card works or not, but it doesn't seem right the way it all went down.

If he was selling it as "Working second hand" card on ebay - Why didn't he include the correct tail?

he didnt have cables with it, thats what he said.

Anyone else have gv-800 to test changing cables?

it is not safe to change over lead kits. on a geo. the kit i listed is for a geo. black is 1 to 8 with audio blue is 9 to 16. you cant put a black tail into a blue connector or a blue into a black connector. (this is why they are colour coded) you do need the black tail lead.

Just to throw some confusion into the mixture and i have done this a number of times.

You can run newer style leads from 1120/1240 on and GV800 if you put black into blue and blue into black

the 8Ch Geo card you have will need the Blue lead kit from a newer Geo Card, these have a more moulded smaller top around the head unlike the ones in Toms Pic

can you post a picture of the lead you have

Cheers

Just to throw some confusion into the mixture and i have done this a number of times.

You can run newer style leads from 1120/1240 on and GV800 if you put black into blue and blue into black

the 8Ch Geo card you have will need the Blue lead kit from a newer Geo Card, these have a more moulded smaller top around the head unlike the ones in Toms Pic

can you post a picture of the lead you have

Cheers

Hi both the geo 1120 and the 1240 dont carry audio via same pigtails as the geo 800 does. this is only done though the black 8x4 audio pigtail lead.

you can use a blue lead in any geo but not if it carries audio. this is why they colour code the lead kit.

looking at the ops picture he only has the 8 way chip on his card so he can only use the top connector which is black and also does the audio. so he needs the black 1-8 video with 1-4 audio