I bought a few months ago a CCTV DVR, but I cannot find any support etc on it

The only number I can find on the unit is VU-431

I'm looking to check for latest firmware, and also to resolve a problem with IE9, it gives me the login page, but then always tells me my password is wrong and i know it isn't.

Any assistance greatfully appreciated please.

Many thanks

I bought a few months ago a CCTV DVR, but I cannot find any support etc on it

The only number I can find on the unit is VU-431

I'm looking to check for latest firmware, and also to resolve a problem with IE9, it gives me the login page, but then always tells me my password is wrong and i know it isn't.

Any assistance greatfully appreciated please.

Many thanks

hi,

I think all DVR are without pw, means pw line is blank and just push ok.

where you buy it?

where are their tech-support?

I really have a question, why so many ppl buy things but can't find who sold to you for questioning?

I set a PW which when I type it in I know it is correct, i've now reverted back to IE8 and its working fine again.

But still would like to find where I can check for latest firmware etc if ne1 can help please.

who is the manufacturer and where is their tech support?

I googled "VU-431" and found this with the first hit:

http://www.aban.co.uk/4ch-dvr-vu-431-712-p.asp

No manufacturer listed (big surprise) but you could try contacting this store and ask if they have support contact info, like a manufacturer name, website, or whatever (although I suspect they won't).

This is a perfect example of why a "cheap" system isn't really worth it... or, "you get what you pay for".

Edit: Hmmm, from perusing the site, it look like the the brand name on the DVR is "ABAN", which is the name of the site... meaning they may be re-branding these units themselves. So they may actually have support for it.

Hi there,

The VU-431 is indeed our own branded CCTV DVR.

We offer full support for our DVRs.

www.aban.co.uk

Excellent

Can you please tell me if there is a firmware update with ie9 support for this unit please and how I go about downloading it.

Currently my firmware is T071570

Cheers

Hi there,

The VU-431 is indeed our own branded CCTV DVR.

We offer full support for our DVRs.

www.aban.co.uk

Excellent

Can you please tell me if there is a firmware update with ie9 support for this unit please and how I go about downloading it.

Currently my firmware is T071570

Cheers

Hi there.

Your current firmware is up to date, and no updates are scheduled at the moment.

Regarding ie9, we advise customers to downgrade to ie8 via the windows control panel.

If you have trouble doing so, please call us on free phone 0800 612 2839 and we’ll talk you through it.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Why not get rid of it....buy another one from somebody on this forum local to you --- and then you will have all the support you need?

Unless someone can donate me one, I don't have the finances to purchase a replacement unit

But you are right, I am dissapointed regarding the support I am getting regarding the unit I do have.

Why not get rid of it....buy another one from somebody on this forum local to you --- and then you will have all the support you need?

Unless someone can donate me one, I don't have the finances to purchase a replacement unit

But you are right, I am dissapointed regarding the support I am getting regarding the unit I do have.

To be fair, you never contacted us asking for help, if you had we could have resolved any issues.

I stumbled across this post by mistake and have offered a fix which you have already used.

Again, if you would like any help or advice regarding your product, please call our free phone tech line on: 0800 612 2839.

Many thanks.

Hi Mr aban, could you please tell me if an update is available yet for this unit

It would be nice to finally be able to update my computer

I would think that by now most companies would have support for IE9. Granted, I do not like IE9 myself and don't use it. I've left all my computers with IE8 and only use that when I need to. Otherwise, I use Firefox all the time.

I would think that by now most companies would have support for IE9. Granted, I do not like IE9 myself and don't use it. I've left all my computers with IE8 and only use that when I need to. Otherwise, I use Firefox all the time.

I agree with you IE 9 is sucker.... " title="Applause" />