cctv_down_under

Ok so I have had a few drinks but what about this for a idea

We are all in same game and excepting standards of video, if we could all agree on the same equipment, we could all share in a website and spin it well, we could all pay for stock at the same time (if we all used similar product) and our buying power would be HUGE if we all contributed to advertising we would have the best buying group and one of the first semi global security companies in the world... or I could just be a bit tipsy LOL

same game but a different ball park

what product were you thinking of ..?

... and some of the worst hangovers happen after a good idea!

CCTV_Australia, I must admit I had a similar thought a few months back, but I couldn't get all the loose ends tied up in my head (anyone know a good shrink?).

I was thinking more along the lines of developing a global CCTV brand, perhaps with members operating as a co-operative.

There's no reason why it couldn't be made to work, but reasons and actions are not the same thing.

Look at all the profesional members here. We are from all over the world. I can tell you that if we get together, and make some sort of agreement, it could work.

Like this organization?

http://www.psasecurity.com/

I have known them for quite a long time and they have done some very large jobs in the past. They have a pull of many dealers in every part in the country and when there are large nationwide projects, I know they get hired. I also know that Honeywell, ADT and many others used them and basically in such projects, all the labor and the portion of the hardware profits go to this organization (not bad when they actually did not peddle to get these jobs).

What kept them very strong was that they were dictating the best pricing with all the majors and majority were playing along. They also were able to purchase very large quantities of products and distribute to "their dealer networks" and 5% margins, thus dealers were getting much better pricing than conventional distributions...

However, this organization is very big and there are tremendous amount of politics and corruption, therefore became very ineffective over time. They were an excellent choice in the past and the "past" is what they are. All I learned that the “controllingâ€

Guys, I think our friend in Australia is on to something very interesting. Not sure if we can get together and accomplish what PSA does, how about sharing our presence throughout to help each other on labor and installations??

Here is what I am thinking. Everyone has their own agenda in their respective businesses. However, if you have an opportunity to sell equipment outside of your geographical area, then we all can get together and do the job...

We already are utilizing a fairly large group of dealers and integrators throughout the country. Basically, we can get a contract for a nationwide roll out, i.e. major chain stores, department stores, military or government jobs and instead of having our people to fly all over the place and incur major expenses, we rather work with the local group in those areas.

What do you think?? I know I am a game! After all, I think our friend in Australia does come up with great ideas after few beers after all Cheers mate...

Levon

Hey man, that should be a topic of discussion for our meeting, to whoever can make it to the show next week.

Herm, this should be among other important topics... I just can not make it.. Trip to Seattle, Portland and then to Pheonix.... in the same week...

Levon

we need to start a group for real, get a group bus and do a tour of the US and Canada ))))) (and australia!) Advertising products, services, etc .. etc ..

The week of ISC, my schedule shows that first I will be in Seattle for at least 2 days and another 2 days in Portland and then I will take a short stop in Pheonix - Actually I will be in Pheonix for half a day - seeing a job site for a customer...

At least that is what I have as a schedule. But then again, things change and I may not even go there and fly somewhere else... I really want to come to ISC this year not to see new products and all the hype and BS... rather to hook up with you guys and have a broosky...

Levon