I thought it would be a good plan to go with all geo cameras and us 8.4 for the NVR I am experiencing problems with low frame rates on the cameras > in other words I have to slow the frame rates down to keep from overloading the network. Cameras are the only thing on network at this time> I guess my question is on this or other NVRs with 32 cameras installed what are your typical settings for live view, recorded and remote view. I am running a single stream from these cameras. I can't change out all the cameras (they look fine) but I may want to change out the NVR software.

Server Intel I7 quad 8 gig internal ram 6 terrabyte storage

Changing the NVR wouldn't affect the network load - X frame size at Y framerate with Z compression will still present the same data stream regardless of what is viewing/recording it.

Where is the saturation occurring - is the NVR's NIC crapping out, or is the switch just not capable of the traffic?

I do not know what bandwith geo is looking for or how to measure it at the server unless that is something you can do with wireshark. All brand new Cat 6 cable only thing on network now Infinas access control server and doors 20 or so NVR and approx 25 cameras Switches are netgear 24 port poe there is a non poe 24 port netgear which the infinias doors are plugged into. any help much appreciated.

I thought it would be a good plan to go with all geo cameras and us 8.4 for the NVR I am experiencing problems with low frame rates on the cameras > in other words I have to slow the frame rates down to keep from overloading the network. Cameras are the only thing on network at this time> I guess my question is on this or other NVRs with 32 cameras installed what are your typical settings for live view, recorded and remote view. I am running a single stream from these cameras. I can't change out all the cameras (they look fine) but I may want to change out the NVR software.

Server Intel I7 quad 8 gig internal ram 6 terrabyte storage

Hmmm

just finish 51 camera install

All Avigilon H.264

have 3 servers (I7, 8 Gig (9 terabyte)

main 23 cams --- total bandwith about 100-110 Mbps

All cams 15 frames each with dual stream enable

CPU ~ 35-45 %

so far I love it