rory

Extreme Recently Added Products

Desert Day Night Mech Filter Camera:

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=106

Compact Day Night Mech Filter Camera:

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=66

Day Night Dual Camera 80' Infrared Camera (smaller version of the EX82)

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=102

1300' Infrared Illuminator Spot Beam:

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=64

3000' (1KM) Long Range Infrared Illuminator:

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=103

Retail: $6281

And these are their CCDs for information:

CX is wide dynamic, MX is Day Night with Mech Filter ..

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm

Edited by Guest

hi

to me all this cameras look like bulet cameras in better housing and better waranty for big $$$ or megabug

like this ex80dlx 4-8mm mini lens

no new better ccd technologly or better true low light sensitivity and no real c or cs lenses

wizkid or extreem nice camera housing

same crapy ex ccd sony made 2 years a go or litle better

i want to see real low light (my spec is low starlight no moun and black face to be seen at 30fps not this bosch 89% reflectance spec that only exist in a lab test not at my place) universal day / wd / night

camera hi resolution (min 720x480 ), and so far it do not exist for consumer ,ir is a bandate for poor cmos or ccd

performance

if you know of such product let me know i have $500 redy

we need a better cmos or ccd camera technology or new

way to conver light to digital

dusan

Try them, they will beat any bullet and any box camera any day of the week (whoops night) for pitch dark and low light. If you read the specs you will see the differences and why they are so good. If you dont read, then dont bother posting.

$500?? Sorry i cant help you there, check spytown.

Edited by Guest

That is nothing new, i can show you the same image from my $100 BW bullet pointing up at the stars ... i dont play the lux game, and obviously it didnt work for them also ..

That page was last updated:

Sunday, September 07, 2003 5:32:10 PM

Mintron ewww. Sentry here in Kingston which is a GEO dealer sell them.

Rory,

Excellent pictures.... I guess when they say a picture is worth 1,000 words, this is a proof...

Good job man... I am impressed.. I guess we will start looking at Extreme products afterall... and I thought Pano was the "king" of the hill

Levon

Rory,

Excellent pictures.... I guess when they say a picture is worth 1,000 words, this is a proof...

Good job man... I am impressed.. I guess we will start looking at Extreme products afterall... and I thought Pano was the "king" of the hill

Levon

Pano still is a great camera line, a leader in the industry, just the applications im targetting are more fitted for Extreme's cameras.

The stuff that looks like it could be noise, is actually bugs, i guess mosquitos or something, its crazy, they love the pool area ..

On the picture thing, I have tons of these, Ive posted them over the past couple years but took most of them off over time as the posts got old. I will see what I can do to organise all my pictures, it will take a couple weeks though, and ill be having some new ones coming up this or next week from a few new jobs

Edited by Guest

Yes, but the head office is in Kingston. He looks like an affiliate perhaps for them. http://www.cctvsentry.com/ is the main site I believe. We got our GEO card from them. Terry from the Kingston office is very nice to deal with... although I still am not happy with our card cough software so far.

Rory, we already have an account with them and we are buying majority of their products... I just do not care for them as much, because I could not justify cost vs. performance for my customers...

The only people that buy them from us are from military, military contractors and from certain governmental agencies, but majority of times, very few customers actually are willing to go for it... On the other hand, I know I sell quite of few Pano CL-924 model with a good 1/2" lens and it works very well... I wish I can post some pictures, but for legal reasons, we can not...

Overall performance is similar, but I think Extreme's high end equipement does have an edge... and it shows!

Levon

Yeah, like i said, it depends on the application.

Installing something like this makes life so much easier though ..

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=66

Basically their 2 main new cameras are:

CX - Low Light Color with Wide Dynmaic Range - available in most of their domes and all-environment cameras. They have over 2000 of the EX46CX Domes installed in NY for the Triborough Bridge and Tunnels

MX - Day Night with Mechanical IR Cut Filter and Enhanced Infrared Pickup - available in most of their domes and all-environment cameras

Rory

And those customer will make you money and not the ones who squeeze you to the point that it makes no sense to even do business.... That is why we do not sell low end of anything, rather all major brands...

Levon

foe real, i tried the low end for a couple months and just wasnt worth it, just got poorer and worked harder .. Luckily the recent quotes and jobs have all been higher end ... looks like thats who are coming to us now ...

They tried the rest, now they want the best ..

Cant say my cheapo Eclipse color bullet isnt kicking butt here, but there is no money in me selling it, and its still low res ... ill leave those sales to the alarm companies, plumbers, etc

If you specialize in high end equipment, the demand for such knowledge and expertise does not come cheap, which will work to your benefit. With your aggressive approach and willingness to learn and gaining knowledge, chances are you will be the company to compete in Bahamas and as long as you keep pushing it, I am sure you will make it...

Remember, you rather specialize in something rather than being jack of all trades and master of none...

thanks

thats exactly what im aiming to acheive. Basically there is nothing else I do but this now.

Rory

Rory, i am impressed with your knowledge of the TBTA utilizing the Extreme EX46CX cameras. That project was actually one of mine. It happened about 5 years ago. The TBTA clsoed off a lane for me and we demonstrated that camera to the TBTA in their own environment. They loved it , they were able to see clearly not only the driver but also the passenger in the vehicle. They have now swapped out all the cameras by the tolls for the Extreme EX46CX. I actually got to were an orange vest that day.

they now love that camera, and nothing has been able to even come close to it. They have tested others like pelco, ge, vicon and others in the same place, and those couldnt even compare to the Extreme's performance. It has helped TBTA to better prosecute and identify. That was a fun project, especially getting to wear an orange vest and at some points directing traffic, for those cars that were coming too close to us.

How do the CX compare to the Panasonic Wide Dynamic cameras, like for a front entrance? They claim it has wide dynamic range, but cant seem to get any more info from them on that part. Have you tested any of the CX models in an application like that yet?

Thanks

Rory

Actually i should have reworded that, I meant the Extreme CX cameras dont have any info on their wide dynamic performance, but they say they have it. Just wondering how they match up to the Pano WD cameras .?

Thanks

Rory