Sign in to follow this  
smartboy

Avermedia Tech Support Links Anyone?

Hello all,

I read some where that Avermedia can provide tailored updates to make Camera's compatible with their Stand Alones.

Does any one have a link or email address for them?

I have searched their website - not user friendly; hardly any info about customer support.

Hello all,

I read some where that Avermedia can provide tailored updates to make Camera's compatible with their Stand Alones.

I have searched their website - not user friendly; hardly any info about customer support.

what camera are you looking at adding. also there was an avers ip patch released in may with 42 more added

Hello all,

what camera are you looking at adding. also there was an avers ip patch released in may with 42 more added

mate all I want is an outdoor cheapo (that's an understatement ) camera which has a crisp clear day and night megapixel ip with audio and possibly PIR so that I can ID the thieving gits that lurk about at night time and scare the crap out of em. Camera must have poe cabling. Cant be asked with separate cabling. Oh yeah did I mention they've got to be cheapo. I only need two cameras front and back of home.

where do find a list of all compatible cameras? Ps I have not even removed the Avers packaging. I 've got cheapish nano with wd 2TB caviar green from us minus the u know what

Can you reccommend the cameras, for mwa it sound like vivotek Vivotek FD8361 but they aint cheap at da moment.

Hmm, I never have issues finding them or with their support. They are always there and helpful to me.

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/techsupport.aspx

nice one mate.

I must have been looking for custimer support on tehir IK based website

tech support is country based. if you are in america or canada then the above is ok if not you will need to find the closest to you.

The Vivotek FD8361's are great cameras....but quite a few of the AverMedia DVR's dont have the protocol yet for them, and some embedded units dont have an Onvif protocol either. I have an AverMedia EH5108H+ and a "spare" FD8361 camera, but I cannot use the camera (as of yet) because its not supported. Jay at Aver says a new IP cam patch is in the works but wont be available til mid/end of the summer.

I have about 15 FD8361's at a facility and they have outstanding pictures.

The Vivotek FD8161's are great indoor cameras with IR.... they are in the $400 range, they have a great picture. I have those hooked into my hybrid shop DVR..... I even modified one and added a heater and a blower and put it outside in a different housing...... i like to tinker. We will see how the Iowa winters treat it...

Jay at Aver says a new IP cam patch is in the works but wont be available til mid/end of the summer

avers ip patch are done by the week. latest 6/6/2011. also if its not on the list he will be able to have it added in around 24hrs.

That would be cool

The last IP cam Patch for the EX/EH series was in the beginning of May.... and the FD8361 wasnt in that one yet.

That would be cool

The last IP cam Patch for the EX/EH series was in the beginning of May.... and the FD8361 wasnt in that one yet.

hi. may patch was V1.0.1.4 june had on the 4th V1.0.1.5 and just released V1.0.1.6

see if they cant get you at least a patch for your FD8361